12 - Invitation

"Hmm Yubin," Heeseung spoke hesitantly while he kept playing the guitar.

"Yeah?" I replied absentmindedly as I contemplated the artistry of his grace notes at the end of a musical phrase. 

"Do you...want to come to rehearsal with me tomorrow?" 

"Huh?" The words didn't process in my head.

"I'd love you to hear what we're making recently. I know that Mrs. Jung doesn't want you out of the house on your own because of safety...but I've been refining the harmonies and bass line...and you could also meet my friends! They're all very kind and talen---"

"I'd love to!!!" I bursted out before he could finish reciting the plan he had "Actually, I've been thinking about that just moments ago when you described your band!"

"R-really?" He said in a flustered tone, "I'm so glad to hear that!"

"I'll beg Omma and I'll definitely be able to go..." I said, "In fact, I'll do it right now since it's nearing the end of our time together." I stood up promptly to rush downstairs. 

"Oh--Be careful Yubin!" Heeseung catches up behind me and helped me descend down the spiraling stairs. 

"Omma!" I exclaimed, "Omma! I have something to ask you."

"What is it Yubinnie?" Mom replied as she washed her hands and shuffled toward me and Heeseung.

"Heeseung and his band is holding a concert tomorrow after school in his school's theatre. Could I go watch?" I exaggerated to make Mom feel like it's an important event that I need to attend. "I'll be right back after Heeseung finishes performing~"

"Wow! Heeseung, you have a band??" Mom is pleasantly surprised.

"Yes, Mrs. Jung, me and four other students are part of a band at school and we're performing tomorrow for the school's music festival since it's almost the end of the year." Heeseung explained thoroughly.

"Hmmm..." Mom seem to be torn. Usually she would definitely reject any of my excuses of wanting to go out, but since Heeseung has been such a kind person, a model student, and excellent teacher, she is wavering about her decision. 

"I also think that Yubin would learn a lot more about about herself and her future path if she comes to school with me tomorrow to meet some of my classmates and friends. I heard that she hasn't met anyone her age in the last couple of years and I'd really like to introduce her to people closest to me. They are all very kind and would love to show her around the school!" Heeseung reinforced in a sincere tone.

"Hmm..."Mom continued hesitantly, "Al..right, I trust you very much, Heeseung. You're the kindest child I've came across."

"Thank you for the trust, Mrs. Jung, I'll take care of Yubin with my best effort," Heeseung nodded.

"Does that mean...I could go?!" I tried to suppress my excitement.

"Yes, Yubin, you could go." Mom pretended to be helpless in her tone, "You finally got me to let you out there."

"Hahaha thanks so much Omma~~" I sang. 

"I will pick Yubin up tomorrow at 7am then," Heeseung informed Mom, "we'll just be riding the bus from the station that's located around 10 minute by foot from this house." 

"Yes, thank you Heeseung for informing me," Mom replied.

"Yubin, make sure to bring anything you need! But I'll be with you at all times, so you don't have to stress." Heeseung reminded me patiently, "I'll be going for now! Thank you Mrs. Jung for allowing Yubin to watch me perform tomorrow!"

"Oh no problem at all, " Mom said sweetly, clearly moved by his sincerity.

"Ok, see you tomorrow!" As my words sounded, Heeseung picked up his guitar case and bag and shuffled toward the door, closing it gently behind him as he stepped out of the house.