Chapter Five

Tenshi's POV

I was fast asleep, in such a peaceful dream when Rin jumped on me. My natural instincts reacted first and I rolled off the bed and quickly out of the way. While she was still bouncing on the mattress she said "Tenshi! Guess how many days til my birthday!!!"

"Baby I know your birthday is tomorrow! That doesn't mean you have to wake me up!" I said, slightly annoyed from being woke up.

"Sorry Tenshi........... Anyway what do you want to do today?" Rin asked excited again. She had gotten used to my whole 'tempered statements'. I don't get why everyone talks like that, I mean why can't they just say snide or sassy remarks with the occasional angered yell?

"Well I actually have a surprise for you, actually do you know what time it is?" I asked wondering if everyone should be there by now.

"Yeah, it's about 11 o'clock."

"Well then lets get going." I crouched down and she climbed on my back. I ran low to the ground because it seemed more natural to me. I was soon on the out skirts of the party. We really should walk from here so we can surprise her......

"Okay from here on just keep walking straight. I'll be waiting for you there." I told her.

"Why can't you stay with me?" Rin asked looking up at me with those puppy dog eyes.

"Just trust me it would be better this way." With that I transported in front of the party. Everyone was surprised to see me just 'poof' here but they quickly forgot about that when I yelled, "Rin's on her way here! Everyone find a good hiding spot!!"

Everyone hid until tables and chairs, while me and Inuyasha hid behind the banner that was hanging on a wire. We held onto the wire with only one hand not really needing to do anything else. It seemed like only a few minutes went by before everyone below up jumped out and yelled surprise! Inuyasha and I stayed where we were though. Right as Rin passed underneath us, we let go.

We landed silently behind her and yelled, "SURPRISE!!!!!!!"

She jumped about three foot in the air and I caught her before she could land again. I pulled her into a hug and asked, "Do you like it?"

"I can't really see it..." Rin said trailing off. I smirked and flew up with her, we seemed to just hanging in the air a good 50 foot in the air. She gasped and yelled, "THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!"

Everyone started laughing and playing. We did the whole 'party thing' with the presents and dancing. It didn't really take that long before she was bouncing up and down in my lap asking me what I got her. I just kept redirecting her to other events and trying to distract her. I want to give her her present on her actual birthday, I don't know why, it just seems more traditional to me.

So the rest of the night we danced and ate and sang. Rin kept saying that this is the most fun she had in a while. She finally crashed sometime around midnight, I carried her to bed and fell asleep with her safely in my arms only minutes later.

----Morning----

Tenshi's POV

I woke up early in the morning sensing that something was wrong. Still, I didn't move for fear of waking Rin. I laid there for what felt like hours, though I know it was really only minutes, listening for a sound or something to alert me to what's wrong. There is something......I know there is........

Suddenly the door opened, I jumped up in a crouch over Rin, ready to protect her. Only when I looked in the door there was Inuyasha. I relaxed fractionally, but the feeling was still there. He smiled at me, as though knowing what my problem was. I heard an impatient sigh come from the other side of Inuyasha, around the same time Rin woke up. She stood on the bed and clutched the back of my shirt, hiding her face in my back.