Chapter Twelve

Tenshi's POV

I walked next to Rin and asked, "You know why I made you go right?"

She seemed to sigh and say, "Yeah, but promise me I can stay next time."

"No, you wont stay next time and that is final." I told her sternly.

Tears gathered in her eyes and she said, "Then promise me you'll come with me."

I sighed and said, "Rin, I can't."

She tried to blink away the tears but they fell anyway. I reached a hand out but she slapped it away. I said, "Love you, even if you can't see that I'm only doing what's best for you. Love you always and forever."

I turned and started walking next to Sesshomaru again, while Rin stayed at the back with Jaken and Ah-un. I still remember how the women from the clearing had left saying that there was no reason to fight if Rin wasn't with us. They had seemed to disappear before I could even protest, so here we are back on our way.

I was currently feeling horrible. I mean I know I was right when I sent Rin away, but that doesn't help. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. I crossed my arms and looked around in the forest. I felt claws run through my hair softly and I closed my eyes reveling in the feeling. I let a small smile cross my features and turned to Sesshomaru. I opened my eyes and found him still running his claws through my hair, but he wasn't looking at me.

Without really thinking I leaned my head into his touch and said, "Thanks."

"I noticed it calms you down when you sleep, I figured it would have the same effect now." He said, finally looking towards me.

He ran his claws through again and I swear I felt like I was going to purr. Instead I sighed and said again, "Thank you."

He seemed to almost smile before retracting his hand and turning away from me. I walked closer to him and asked, "Why don't you smile, ever?"

"I've don't have anything to smile about." He stated.

I felt a slight pang in my heart but pressed on, "Nothing? Nothing in your life ever makes you want to smile?"

He looked at me and I almost felt my hopes lifting before he said, "Not really."

"Oh, I see." I mumbled, slowing my pace.

I was falling behind when I heard him say quietly, "You're close though..."

I almost smiled, I caught up quickly and asked, "How close?"

"Very." He mumbled, turning away from me.

I smiled and said, "Thank you."

He said nothing and we kept walking in silence, but this time I was smiling the whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day was almost up when two small daemons seemed to pop up out of no where. They didn't even say anything, they just charged at us. I dodged and jumped back, pulling Rin and Jaken with me. I asked Sesshomaru, "Do you ever get a day off?"

He sighed and said, "No."

"Can I take them then? I mean I never get to do anything.." I said.

He seemed to think for a second before waving me forward while he was walking towards a tree. I smiled and jumped up, "Yes! Alright, let's see if you guys have any skill at all." I darted forward and slammed by fist into ones head, then I flipped and kicked the other one in the side of the head. They both seemed to stumble, neither fast enough to even try and block.

I stood from my crouch and said, "Aw, you guys are no fun!"

I pulled my fan and threw two wind blades, decapitating both in seconds. They barely even moved, just toward me to attack I guess. I huffed and sat down, propping my chin in my hand. Everyone walked forward and started to walk again. Sesshomaru held a hand out to me and I pouted, "They weren't any fun~ Not even worth my time."

He seemed to almost snicker before saying, "Come on, it's about time to set up camp for the night."

I took his hand and he made no move to release it once I stood. I smiled again and walked next to him until we found a little clearing and started setting up camp. I made the fire while Rin got out the jackets and Jaken arranged the backpack as a pillow.

Sessomaru sat cross legged, back against a tree a little ways away watching us all. After I got the fire going I walked over and crouched next to him. I asked, "So what now?"

"We get some sleep and then keep moving, like always." He told me.

When I stood up he opened his arms to me and I couldn't help but smile once more. I sat in his lap facing him and rested my head in the crook of his neck. My hands rested against his chest while his hands ran through my hair. I said, "You really shouldn't do that unless you want me to go to sleep right now."

"I do." He told me simply.

"I always stay up until Rin is asleep though." I mumbled sleepily.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer, "Just go to sleep."

"M'kay." I mumbled before I passed out.

---------------------

Hey guys, just wanted a chapter kind of getting them closer. I thing I should do more of those, whatcha think? I mean it's been like 12 chapters...plus I have writer's block..... Anyway, on to the skit!

Inuyasha: My sister does not like him!

Me: Yes she does!

Inuyasha: No she doesn't!!

Me: Yes She Does!!!

*Tenshi comes in* :What are you guys yelling about?

Me: He honestly thinks that you don't like Sesshomaru!

Inuyasha: Just tell her that you don't!

Tenshi: Well....*Blushes* I kind of... can't...

Me: I KNEW IT! What now Inuyasha!?

Inuyasha: Don't rub it in....

Me: Ha, you're such a bad loser....

Inuyasha: What did you say!? What would you know?? You're just a bitch of a bad writer!!

Tenshi: Oooo, you are dead!

Me: *Starts crying* Why the Hell does everyone keep saying that! I don't think I'm a bad writer! Dammit stop saying that! You don't realize how bad it hurts!! *Runs away*

Inuyasha and Tenshi: O.O Awww shit....

Tenshi: You guys should probably comment so she'll come back....