6- This Must Be Love (Tae Ver.)

TAEYEON POV

When we were 16..

I grabbed the guitar leaning somewhere in the living room and went out to our house’s front terrace.

Earlier, I was washing the dirty dishes in the sink when a tune suddenly popped in my mind, I immediately finished washing and tried to continue the new tune and put lyrics on it.

Sitting on the terrace’s bench, I started strumming on my guitar and started singing.

After few minutes, I already done, I nearly completed the song. I was about to stand up and go inside to make a piano version of my new song when I heard this angelic voice calling me.

Tae!”

In an instant, my lips formed into a smile, it grew wider when I noticed that Tiffany is going to my direction. Seeing the red-head smile made me think..

My day is complete again..

“Oh, What’s up Fany-ah?” I greeted Tiffany who was panting from all the running she did, though I'm in the middle of making a song, no one can disturb me because you’ll surely go banana’s.. but Tiffany is an ‘exemption’.

“Guess what?” Tiffany enthusiastically said, blinking her eyes cutely.

This girl! She really knows when and how to act cute.

“What?!” I answered with the same level of excitement.

Sooyoung our neighbor asked out!!” Tiffany cheered excitedly.

With that word of hers, I felt my knees weaken, like they are about to break. Since when we were young I’ve always known about Tiffany’s interest in girls.

We share secrets since we’re best friend of course, I always know who were her crushes.. but I never tell her mine. I say I don’t have one but I really have ‘one’. She..

I pretended that I was straight. I will never share mine coz I really can’t. I can’t tell her I like her for she might change her view of me. But earlier, I’ve thought that she might like me too.. but I’m so damn wrong.

I faked a smile so she won’t notice. No matter what, I won’t tell you my feelings.. I will be forever by your side.. as your best friend.

“Jinjja? Grab the chance Fany!” I slightly pushed Tiffany who was previously holding both my hands.

I saw Tiffany frown.

I need to pretend I’m not hurt.. though right now, I feel like I’ve been shot straight in my chest.

“D-Don’t you feel jealous? Even a bit?” Tiffany said those from a high tone going down.

So she’s thinking I’ll be jealous? Of what? That she’ll have more time when she’s already in relationship than bonding with her best friend?

No Fany, I’m jealous because I don’t want you to be with her.. I’m so jealous! And hurt! I want to keep you for myself but I can’t. I just can’t. Okay, let me tell you, I’m jealous. Let’s see what you reaction will be..

“Tiffany I-” I was about to tell her I’m jealous but I was cut by her.

“No Tae.. I know you don’t like this kind of matters.. I’ll leave. Still need to prepare” Tiffany stood and walked away with heavy steps and her shoulder down.