3- My One And Only

"Mom?"

"Yes?" Taeyeon straighten her glasses as she tore away from the laptop to look at her daughter.

"When will I get to see Mommy again?"

"Tomorrow. You'll see her tomorrow" Taeyeon glanced at the clock and realized it was past her daughter's bedtime. "You should sleep now, baby"

"But I can't sleep without your bedtime stories" The little girl pouted while tugging at her mother's shirt. 

"Alright, alright" Taeyeon chuckled at the adorable sight. "Let me just finish this first then we'll go to sleep"

"Okay!" The girl gave her a hug before scurrying to her room.

Taeyeon shook her head as she watched her daughter skip her way out. She saved the document that she had been working on before shutting down the laptop. Her eyes wandered around the quiet study room, and inadvertently caught sight of their small family photo, bringing a small smile on her face.

--

"Easy there, Irene!" Taeyeon called out to her daughter when the girl hurriedly ran away as soon as she was brought down on the ground. With a small huff, she shook her head in amusement as Irene walked back to her, dragging along her other mother.

"Baby, you should be careful next time, okay? No running around unless you wanna get hurt" Tiffany stoop down to comb the girl's messy hair.

"Yes, Mommy" Irene nodded obediently before giving her a hug. "I'm just so happy to see you again!"

"Me too, baby" Tiffany playfully nuzzled against the girl's cheek and got an adorable squeal in return. "So, what do you wanna ride first?"

"Those cute little ponies!" 

"Alright" Tiffany smiled at the girl's excitement. 

Irene immediately grabbed Taeyeon's hand and lead them to the nearest attraction. They watched as their daughter lined up at the entrance until she got on the pink little pony. 

"How have you been?" Tiffany turned to Taeyeon who was waving at their daughter.

"Me? I'm fine"

"Good"

"How about you?" Taeyeon asked in return after a moment of silence.

"Been busy for the past couple of months. Good thing I got a few days off this week"

"Don't work too much, okay? We don't want you to get sick" Taeyeon gave her a gentle smile before returning her focus on their daughter.

"Taeyeon?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm so sorry" Tiffany carefully observed the woman's expression.

"I've told you many times, it's okay" Taeyeon said with a small smile without looking at Tiffany. "No matter how much we try, there are just things that we have no control of"

"But still.."

"Of course it would've been better if things were different" Taeyeon turned to her side upon feeling the hand on her shoulder.

"Why are you still so nice to me?" Tiffany felt her heart sinking at the sight of Taeyeon's gentle, loving gaze.

"Easy.." Taeyeon pried the hand away and gave it a gentle squeeze. "You will always have my heart. My one and only" She said with a tinge of sadness in her tone before looking away, focusing back to their daughter, trying to numb the unwanted sting in her chest.