Chapter 35 - June 23rd, 2002

Sookie stops the vacuum and looks around. This person really made a mess. 'The Swede is waiting in the lobby for you,' Maria says in English. 'Okay, I just need to finish this,' Sookie says and cleans up the room.

'The other girl said you where here,' Erik says, standing in the doorway. 'Of course she did,' Sookie says a little embarassed holding up a dust brush. 'You didn't want me to see you cleaning?' Erik carefullly asks. 'No,' Sookie says and straightens the sheets. 'Why?' 'I don't know,' Sookie sighs and takes the cleaning stuff out of the room. 'If it helps, you look beautiful in that apron,' Erik smiles. Sookie just rolls her eyes.

'Are you okay?' Erik asks. 'No, I'm not,' Sookie sighs and puts away the vacuum. 'How come?' Sookie looks at the young man. 'Just wait in the lobby, I will be there in five minutes,' Sookie says and walks away. Erik does as she says.

After ten minutes Sookie is in the lobby in her regular clothes. 'Bye Alexei,' Sookie says as she walks by the reception to go outside. 'Bye,' Alexei says after her. Erik follows behind her. Sookie just keeps walking to the sea. On her way she takes of her sandals. She runs into the water and holds her dress so it doens't get wet. Erik just stands on the sand watching her.

'My brother send me a letter, two days ago. My mother is an artist and someone from Napels wants to display her art on a convention next month. Today it just hit me that all I did was leave her the shortest letter ever, no explanation, nothing. And for what? She is the greatest mom on the planet and I just left her. I left my mother without a goodbye!' Sookie starts crying.

'You miss her,' Erik says. 'I do, but I don't want to go back... yet.' It's silent for a while. 'You said Napels, right?' 'Yeah,' Sookie says and turns to look at him. 'You want to go on a roadtrip to Italy next month?' Erik asks. Sookie smiles shortly. 'I can't afford a roadtrip,' she silently says. 'I can and I have a van,' Erik says. 'That rhimes,' Sookie laughs. 'Yeah it did,' Erik laughs. 'I don't want to take advantage of your money and van,' Sookie says. 'I wanted to go to Italy anyways,' Erik says.

Sookie walks out of the water towards the young man and hugs him. 'Thank you,' she whispers. Erik just hugs her back.