Chapter 223 - Demon Island Laboratory

Flashback.

Daichi kept a close eye on Onizaki and saw his enemy's shoulders slightly slump and his resistance fading.

"What do you want to know?" Onizaki asked the Leaf Genin.

The Genin uncrossed his arms and began with his questioning. "You got captured by Orochimaru and were experimented on, right? My first question is, was there anyone else besides Orochimaru?"

Hearing that question, Onizaki hesitated for a moment. Then he looked at Daichi and made a choice. 'I'm going to die anyway. Might as well tell him. This kid doesn't look like he's interested in making allies with them. So if he's looking to cause trouble for those two bastards then I have no problems.'

"I only met one other person that worked for Orochimaru. His name is Amachi. He's a scientist just like that snake. They kidnapped people from the Land of Sea and anyone else from around the area and experimented on them. I was originally from the Land of Rain."

Daichi thought about what he had just learned. 'If that guy is still alive then I have a chance.'

The Leaf Genin immediately created a shadow clone and it disappeared beneath the waves. 'It's several hours of journey from here. My clone needs to get to demon island and by then I'll have all the info I need.'

"The Lab Orochimaru was using. Where is it? And how do I get inside?"

"It's on demon island. There are two entrances to the lab." Onizaki replied and told Daichi how to get inside the building.

'Just as I thought.' Daichi merely nodded his head. "Did anyone come to meet Orochimaru? Do you know any other allies of Orochimaru or Amachi? Or the location of any other labs or hideout?"

Onizaki shook his head. "If anyone else came then I don't know. I was in my container for most of the time there. I didn't see anyone else and I don't know any other hideout or labs... I'm telling the truth."

"I believe you." Daichi nodded. 'I knew it. They wouldn't be careless and let someone like this guy get his hands on any sensitive data.'

"Are there any other survivors other than you?" Daichi asked.

Onizaki shook his head negatively. "No. Everyone else died. I was the only test subject that survived." The man clenched his fists as he thought about what had happened.

"Are you absolutely sure? Is there the possibility that someone else could have survived?"

"No. I checked the whole place after I got free. I didn't find anyone else alive." Daichi narrowed his eyes at that. He was keeping a close eye on the man's vitals.

'He's not lying. So that means Isaribi is dead. Or escaped without him knowing. But that possibility is low. Still, I need to check it out. This is another ripple and change in the canon. Now to find out about the weapons and Armor they're using.'

"The Gladiator Pirates helped you get free. That much is obvious. What I want to know is who created the Armor you guys are using?"

Onizaki was silent and gritted his teeth as he heard that. He had no problems giving out information on Orochimaru but the Gladiator Pirates were a different thing.

Daichi, seeing the man's struggle, spoke. "If you think I have any intentions of hurting the inventor of that armor you're wrong. It's the opposite. I'm interested in his talents and want him to work for me in secret. So I'll ask again. Who made the Armor and where is he?"

'It's not like not telling this kid would stop him from going after that man.' The half fish half man sighed and after a few moments of internal struggle replied. "His name is Katsura Sadoshi. He is one of the founding members of the Gladiator Pirates. He's a blacksmith and he's very good at what he does. He has made several weapons that are almost on par with the Seven swords of the Mist village. He's... currently on the ship. In a room called the Forge. It's his workshop."