Chapter 1

Acknowledgements and Special Thanks:

Samuel Myint and Oliver Gordon, for helping me step out of my comfort zone and exploring myself.

Briana Birchmore, for being my first best friend.

Amy Morrison and Ruby Cadwell, for their great friendship and continuous ideas and encouragement.

Wherever they may be, I will always remember them through this story and everything they meant to me.

>>>>--------------->

Authors Note,

Thank you for checking out my story, and I'd just like to let you know a few things before you get started reading.

This story takes place after the events of Lord Of the Rings, Return Of The King. I am not a total expert on Lord Of The Rings, so I deeply apologise if I get any details wrong. I am also not very good at keeping the characters have the same characteristics as in the movies/books, but I hope you will like my version of what happened after the events of Lord Of the Rings, Return Of The King.

Have fun reading!

>>>>--------------->

The sun shined down on Gondor, the heat intense. It was rare for it to become so hot in such a place, but, whaddaya know, today was supposedly an exception. Legolas didn't mind the heat, but he preferred the coolness of the woods, the trees hiding him from the glare of the sun. Here, standing at the top of Minas Tirith, he was for once in his life, boiling. But he wouldn't dare admit it to anyone. Elves were used to the shelter of trees, but everyone else such as Aragorn and the people of Gondor were used to such harsh heat. At least, he was pretty sure they were. True, he did travel a lot, and an elf must be used to all temperatures, but this? This blasting heat? He thought he'd never get used to it. Though he refused to show this to anyone. Gimli'd tease him about it to the ends of Gondor. And even though Gimli himself was boiling, for he was splashing his face with water from the fountain a few metres away from Legolas, letting out grunts and moans of satisfaction as it dripped down his beard. Legolas shook his head and turned his gaze to the view overlooking the entire city.

  The land stretched out before him, away from the city, and people bustled around the city, going about their daily jobs. Legolas turned his gaze to the plains, his mind going straight to the terrible battle that had occured there only recently. Theoden, the former king of Rohan, had died on these very plains in an effort to defeat the witch-king of the nine ringwraiths. It had been a truly terrible battle, and it would be remembered for years to come. The land bore the scars of it, making the plains look less beautiful than they should have been. Legolas preferred not to think about it, but it was hard not to when the literal scene was playing over and over in your head in the battleground before you. So, yeah, this was something he didn't like to remember in his long list of things he'd rather not remember. The only good memory he had of that battle was bonding with Gimli, and even that was not an extremely pleasant memory with Gimli constantly jeering at him about him being an elf.