Chapter 13

After she had encountered Crystal and fed Enu, Yaris was going blank.
Her money from streaming beginning to run low, and her mind racing with thoughts of the future.

I need a part time job . . . .

She had the option to stream, but that is an unreliable source in the end. There was also the fact that streamers got into a lot of shit in lookism, so perhaps she should steer clear of the act until it is absolutely necessary.

The day had become late and the sun was peeking over the horizon, giving the sky a gorgeous pink hue that is to die for, and it's warm light catching on the edges of the various scattered homes. The streets remained empty and soundless, apart from the occasional buzz of passing cars or groups of unruly teens.

Her footsteps stay quiet and slow, the girl deciding to detour and  take a small walk to gather her thoughts.

The previously serene settings, was destroyed in an instant as she flinches at the noise of an approaching crowd of screams, yells, and squeals. Like the ground was shaking, she could almost feel a stampede approaching from one end of the otherwise empty street. Brows furrowed in confusion and distress, she becomes defensive, snapping her head around to find an alleyway that she could slip into without being noticed by who or whatever was rushing down towards her.

It was then, that her eyes catch on a small alleyway between two houses, barely enough to fit a person. She was quick to jog over and slide into it, ignoring the discoloured walls that enclosed her. Her shoulders scraping against both the walls as she lets out a hurried grunt. Realising that having her bag on was not letting her fit, she pulls it off and drops it onto the dusty concrete with a small scowl.

Fuck this seals my fate . . . . .  I can't not wash my uniform now . . . . . 

She winces once more, the source of the deafening noises being a horde of screaming girls, women and a few men here and there.
Yaris peeks out from the alleyway in caution, widening her eyes as she sees a man running hectically. He wore a black hood and a black face mask, a grey cap that sat on his pink hair, loose black trackpants fluttering at his erratic pace.
As the man goes to run past the alleyways she was hiding in, Yaris looks past him to see the horde of people gaining more speed, their yells increasing dangerously.

Huffing she lunges out of the small hiding spot, quickly grabbing the man's forearm and yanking him into the alley way with her.
He begins grunting and shoving her away in confusion, before freezing when the girl places her hand on his mouth desperately, while bringing a finger to her lip as she shushes him in annoyed manner, her brown eyes wide as they flick back and forth, the stampede nearing their hiding spot.

"Shhhh, they'll find you if you don't stay quiet." 

The two strangers were pressed up against each other, chest to chest, after all, it was the only way to fit both of them in that span of time. His eyes flick down to study the girl's face in caution, though having finally calmed down. Beads of sweat dripped down her face and neck, and her uniform shirt had a few buttons undone from the collar, her tie loose and barely on. A few strands of her choppy black hair stick to her face tat shone with sweat. The heat was high as they were both cramped up, and the man had leaned forward, resting an arm next to the girl's face with a heavy sigh, his breath hitting her stray bangs and making them flick.
The stampede of people had now reached the opening of the alleyway, some keep running down the street while over half, stumble to a stop, they all snap their heads around frantically to spot the man.