Chapter 1: The mark in red

Olympus' palace walls shock because of the thunderous sound coming from outside. The gods sat silently in the throne room surprised by the sudden call for a council meeting.

"Zeus, my husband, why the sudden call for a council?" Hera asked.

Zeus turned to look at her. His eyes showed he himself didn't know. "I don't know. The fates asked me to gather everyone here, they said it was important."

They all stayed in silence for awhile. Until the throne room doors opened, letting in a blast of wind that made the powerful gods shiver. When the doors closed three small figures stood there, the fates. Old ladies that you would think were the kind of grandmothers who would bake you cookies, but no, these women held your life in their hands, they knew the future, everyone's.

They walked to the center of the room. And then all at once chanted a prophecy.

" He who walked the path of hell

who didn't know what we will tell

accused of committing a crime

only he knows what goes on in his mind

by the winter solstice it shall appear

and let everyone finally hear."

Silence fell over the room like the invisible mist. The fates slowly started to shimmer, until nothing was in the place they once stood.

"What is this going to be about? Who is the person who walked the path of hell?" Apollo asked.

"Hell...Tartarus." Athena concluded.

All the gods turned to look at Poseidon, who stayed quiet the whole time. "Poseidon?" Zeus said.

"Yes brother."

"Your son...he's been missing lately, ever since I banished him for his crime."

Poseidon looked up at him. In his eyes you can see the ocean, violently splashing waves. "That is valid."

"Have you seen him lately?"

"No. Not since."

Zeus turned to look at all the gods. "Perseus Jackson is out there. The prophecy said 'only he knows what goes on in his mind' Perseus Jackson knows something we don't know. He holds specific information, we must find him. Tell Chiron to alert the demigods, send them on quests, we must find him!" He yelled.

Slowly floating down from the ceiling of the throne room, a note.

Athena picked it up and read it.

"Hello there fellow Olympians, you can't catch me! Nor find me. I'm close, very close. See ya!

-Percy Jackson."

"What is the meaning of this?!" Zeus roared.

"He's here!" Ares yelled.

"It fell from the ceiling!" Apollo yelled.
They all looked up, no one was there, only a single mark, a trident with an X over it. Percy's mark, it's been going on a lot lately, a lot of the demigods at camp we're seeing too.

"Find him!" Zeus yelled. "Send the guards!"

Guards filled the city in a matter of minutes, minor guards were in search parties. Hours passed, he wasn't found.

"When I find him I'll make him suffer more than he did in Tartarus!" Zeus promised.

"Send Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Leo, Frank and Hazel to find him, along with Nico," Zeus ordered.

"I'll go tell Chiron." Apollo said. The God shimmered, and he was gone.
-------
Next day in Camp Half-Blood.....

Chiron's POV:

When Apollo told me the news I couldn't believe it. Percy? Perseus Jackson? The boy I've see grow up right in front of my eyes? The boy who saved the world twice? The one who survived Tartarus? The strongest hero to walk the earth? Evil? Now evil? Isn't enough I had to deal with him when he committed the crime?

It was a month ago. When Percy did it. He killed Will, Will Solace. He was found with Will's dead body, on the beach. Blood was spilled all over the sand, a knife, dripping blood, was in Percy's hands. He claimed that he didn't do it. No one believed him. No one knew why he did it, he himself didn't know, he kept saying he didn't do it. Zeus wanted to persecute him but because of his earlier acts, saving Olympus, he spared him but banished him.

I didn't know who to believe. But I know Percy, I know he didn't do it, but I had no voice in this. What was done was done. I couldn't save him, I couldn't even keep contact with him. No one has seen him ever since. But. He left him mark. Sometimes when everyone woke up, painted on the walls of the cabins was Percy's mark. A trident with a huge cross over it. We even kept some campers for night watch, but no use, no one knew how he did it. We even put up cameras. Nothing. They would suddenly turn off. As if he controlled them from far away. He was like a shadow. There but not there.

I had to tell the seven. Well...the rest of them. And Nico.
"Nico!" I called from my office in the big house.
He walked in. He changed a lot after Will's death. Will was like a brother to him. They were close friends. Nico became paler, skinnier. He hardly talked. He swore revenge. Revenge on his own friend, Percy.

"Yes Chiron."
"Call Jason, Piper, Leo, Frank, Annabeth and Hazel. I need them for something important."
His eyes widened. He seemed interested.
"Okay."

In five minutes they all stood in front of me, including Nico who I told to stay because I need him too.
Annabeth. I thought she would be destroyed. Heart broken. No. She knew what Percy did. She was against him now. She didn't have feelings for him anymore. She knew what was right and she knows Percy has to pay for what he has done. For what he did. But she was acting strong. Once at night I was taking a walk around camp, everyone was asleep. I glanced at Percy's cabin and went in. No one has been there ever since the crime.
That night I found Annabeth, crying into Percy's pillow. She missed him. I knew she did.

"As you all know Percy made an appearance on Olympus yesterday." They all nodded. They story's been going around camp the whole day.
"He was seen?" Leo asked.
"No. But his mark appeared. He knows the gods want him. How? No one knows."
"So what do we have to do with this?" He asked.
"Zeus wants you to find him."
They didn't react. They just stood there, stunned. Annabeth was the first to recover from her shock. "I agree on this. Percy needs to be punished.
"Yes." Nico agreed.
Hazel was the only person who still believed in Percy. "Guys...," she began.
"No Hazel!" Jason yelled. Jason was hurt too, Percy was a brother to him, Will was a friend. He felt betrayed. "Hazel we have to do this! It's for the best!" He said.
"Yeah. We should do this." Piper agreed.
Hazel sighed. "I'm in."

"Where do we start? How do we possibly find him?" Frank asked.

"Zeus will tell you. You all must go get ready and then head to Olympus. From there you will know where to go. "

"Chiron..." Piper stuttered.
"What's wrong Piper?"
She pointed to the far end corner of the room, her hand was shaking violently. We all looked to where she was pointing.
Percy's mark.
It wasn't there before. But it was there now. In red, dripping.
It was written in blood.