SEVENTY

emery

"Why are we doing this again?"

I glance over my shoulder and eye Lenora as she squirms in a skin-tight black dress.

Forgetting myself for a moment, I lick my lips and absorb how fucking gorgeous my girlfriend slash mate slash soulmate is.

"Don't look at me like that," she growls in warning. "I swear to god, baby—we won't be going anywhere near that door."

My cheeks pinken and I force my eyes to the floor.

"Just wear your usual gig," I say. "You should be comfortable. And this is about hooking your best friend, AKA Beta, hooked up with his mate, AKA my sister." I shoot her a pointed look. "Don't tell you've already forgotten."

Lenora smirks and closes the distance between us. Her fingers wrap firmly but gently around my throat. I gasp as she plants a full smooch on my lips.

"How the fuck do you think I keep forgetting?" she snarls. "You're too sexy and I can't fucking focus."

Her mouth assaults my throat with vicious force, licking and nibbling and sucking on the tender skin.

I moan lewdly. The vertebrae in my throat bob against her hand, which only makes me wetter for her.

She tightens her grip with a warning growl. The restrictive gesture sends a brief flutter of panic through my stomach before a burst of heat between my thighs makes me stiffen for a different reason.

I fight to regain control of my body. We're already running late because someone can't decide what to wear.

"I would love to just distract you with sex for the rest of our lives," I said, "but we do have, like, family and friends and a whole ass pack we gotta take care of. So, we should probably go."

A low growl rolls out of her throat. She pecks me roughly on the lips before releasing her grip.

"Let's go then," she mutters, beelining for the door. "The faster we get home . . ."

I swat her ass, giggling like a schoolgirl.

Scoffing, she yanks the door open.

My eyes rake appreciatively over her backside in the right dress. I've never seen her wear anything so feminine. It's kinda hot.

Her angular curves are flaunted in the black body con. Her lean legs seem even longer from the dress's snug skirt that hugs against the toned muscle in her thighs.

The short sleeves conceal the bulge of her biceps, slimming her down more. Her hair falls in silky, loose waves down her exposed back.

She's so stunning it makes my heart hurt.

"Are you sure you're comfortable in that?" I ask, tugging on her dress skirt. "Don't wear it if you don't want to. You're a fucking bombshell, regardless of what you wear."

"Thank you, baby girl." She shoos my hand away. "I'm not sure yet. I feel very . . . revealed."

I chuckle. "You don't have to suffer. Wear whatever makes you happy."

She holds my eyes for a moment before her lip curls back. "Okay. Just a sec."

"I'll head down and wait with Denver."

"I'm hurrying!" The clang of hangers jostling in the closet grew louder.

Rolling my eyes, I leave the bedroom.

Denver is pacing in the foyer when I find him. He steals a panicked glance at me.

"Where's Alpha?" He asks.