⋈ 「Absquatulate.」 ⋈

Absquatulate - (v.) to leave without saying goodbye.

"We could've made it."

"But you already left."

"So what was I to you, y/n?"

Aesop Carl x Reader

(Needed some angst after finishing the Kny manga so here's an Aesop one because he deserves more attention)

WARNING : MENTIONS OF SUICIDE. 

⋈———⋈

"Y/n."

"Yes?"

"Why did you leave? Why-"

. . . 

Aesop loved to paint as a side hobby, and he would often find himself painting you. Be it portraits, landscapes, or any abstract drawings. You would always be in it, no matter what. You guys were so perfect, you were his fiancée, you were going to marry him. But then you killed yourself. Why? What was he to you? Just someone to escape from reality? Just someone to love you? He couldn't believe it. Instead of grieving for you, he resented you since then.

He couldn't bear looking at the portraits he made of you, and hid them somewhere deep in the manor, hoping that he would forget all about it, about you.

He never thought of you since then. This sudden feeling of rage was too much. It was like you manipulated him. But you killed yourself, so what happened? Where did he go wrong? Was he treating you terribly? Why did you leave him alone? He already handled so much from his past, he loved you, you were the one he needed when he was at his worst, so why did you leave him? 

...

...

...

Your suicide remained unsolved and people didn't know the reason why. Aesop couldn't even bear embalming you, he loved your soft features but looking at your face angers him. He was really pissed at you taking your own life, what was it for? What purpose did it serve you? Did it even truly end your suffering? 

But even if he asked those questions, he won't be receiving an answer from you, and he will never be able to find out the truth. 

Maybe some questions are better if they remain unanswered. 

Fin.