ꕤ「I love you.」ꕤ

I love you, the three words that make anyone happy, even the saddest ones. 

"I love you, Aesop. I really mean it." 

"I- I'm very glad you think of me that way, I love you too." 

Aesop Carl x reader 

(Disclaimer : None of the shit here is related to the actual Loletus Manor lore. You just straight up spawned one day and the rest is history. Also reader is implied to be female. These also happen to be late night thoughts and idk I just liked it.) 

ꕤ ——— ꕤ 

"Why am I here again?"

You asked yourself. 

You were a ghost in a huge manor. You remembered that you used to live here, but then you died for some unknown reason. 

The reason why it's unknown however, is because you forgot as soon as you became a ghost. So you just wander around the halls everyday as each sun and moon pass. 

You notice that more people have been coming to the manor. First a doctor, a thief, a lawyer, some gardener, and a few more...

But a certain embalmer caught your eye. Unlike the others, he was quiet. So he often found you in his room, though he didn't mind because you didn't rummage through his things, he was quite glad that you knew your boundaries, so he allowed you to continue your random visits. At other times, you both would do small talk. 

Aesop really enjoys your company no matter how much he dislikes being not alone. You weren't like the others anyway, you were quiet, just like him. 

There were some times he would stare at you, he would ask about how you died, though he told you that it was okay if you didn't answer his question.

"So how did you end up here, y/n?"

He says, becoming more interested in your backstory. You were silent, you didn't know what to say because a lot has changed after you died. You forgot why you were even here in this Manor. You don't know how you were born and how you died. You don't even remember your family, it's just you just straight up spawned one day and apparently you're already dead before you even realized what you lived for. The world does suck, doesn't it?

"I... Okay, I'll be honest with you Aesop. I don't know. I've walked these same halls many years ago. I remember being with a family instead of people from different parts of the world. But I don't remember what happened next."

He stopped to think for a moment. He remembered seeing a family portrait, but it didn't have you in it. Was she already dead, or was that painting made when she wasn't born yet? Or maybe she was still young?

He wondered but it didn't matter, you're somehow still here with just your ghost. And he liked talking to you.

As days turn into weeks, and weeks turn into months. You and Aesop have grown really close to each other, he would walk and talk to you around the Manor. The other survivors were shocked because he would hate being in anyones company. Some were starting to speculate that he liked you, but it's  a pity that you're already dead.