⋈ 「Aviothic pt. 3」⋈

Aviothic (n) — A strong desire to fly or be one with the wind.

"Norton, can I tell you something before I close my eyes and attempt to die on an uncomfortable hospital bed?"

"What is it, y/n?"

"We're all meant to die at some point in our lives."

"W-Why are you saying this now? You're on the brink of death, y/n what the hell?"

"We people go through the same roads, and it just so happens that I was there earlier than you, and it's no coincidence either." 

Norton Campbell x reader

⋈ ——— ⋈

The footsteps grew louder each time, and the louder it got, the more nervous you became. You were scared of what he thought about you now. You never told him about your illness, and that was a secret that you never told him. You were sure that he was disappointed, or maybe he didn't know?

"Hel-"

He stopped his words as soon as he saw you by the door. He wasn't mad, he wasn't happy, but he wasn't sad either. There was a sort of everything he was feeling. He was mad that you didn't tell him anything, though he's happy that your breathing, and the reason why he's happy to see you still breathing is because you're dying. 

"Y/n... I... I don't know what to say, uhm... come in."

He gestured you to the room. The polaroid photos Joseph took of you both were still there. Now you're wondering, will he keep them because it reminds him of the good times with you, or will he keep them somewhere else or throw them away because it's too painful to look at? You didn't know what would happen once you're in the afterlife or in pure darkness or whatever happens when you die. Do you live once or twice or until the world ends and everything is just pitch black and humanity will cease to exist for the rest of your life until the end of time? (These are thoughts that keep me up at night cuz dying is fucking scary.) 

"So..."

You snapped out of your thoughts when Norton spoke, it was soft and subtle. It was very soothing. He sat beside you and you got reminded about those times when he would teach you on how to play the harmonica. (IDK I SEE HIM PLAYING THE HARMONICA) You smiled at those memories, but you're not sure if you'll remember them when you die.

"Is there anything you'd like to discuss with me, y/n? Feel free to say whatever's in your mind."

He smiled slightly, you did too. But what you wanted to say to him made your smile waver.

"Norton..."

"Hm?"

"Do you hate me now?"

"...y/n what do you mean-"

"I know you must be mad at me for not telling you about my condition, even though we promised that there wouldn't be any secrets. But I was scared of what you would think of me then because you lost so many friends in the past, and I didn't want to add salt on your wounds by just saying "Oh so I'm dying and I only have a few years or maybe months" because it's not right. You told me I was the only one in your life left, I didn't want to harm your feelings just because I'm going to die soon, so-"