Bonus Chapter: Pride Month

A/N I'm gonna publish a short bonus chapter every once in a while - usually for a holiday/event - which will be non-canon so you don't have to read them if you don't want, they're just to lighten things up because I know this story can get dark at times.

I walked into Tamaki's room like I do everyday, today was nothing special, just the first month of summer so things should've been getting warmer soon, that sounded nice.

"Good morning, Tamaki." I approached the prince standing by the window as usual, but something was slightly off. "Morning, Y/N." Tamaki waved slightly in my direction and I caught sight of his hands.

His finger nails were coloured, how had that happened? Pulling his hands into my own, I inspected his nails closely. "W-what are you doing?" He blushed slightly, looking away.

"What is wrong with your nails?" His right two fingers on each hand were painted pink, with the middle finger purple and the left two blue.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, why are they suddenly colourful?"

"Oh...this doesn't happen to you?" I shook my head. "Every year for the first month of summer this happens, I don't know why it's always been this way."

"Do they change colour each year?" I was skeptical and tried to use magic to sense for any curse of spell on him but found nothing of the sort, it seemed that like his mutation this was apart of him, something he had since birth.

"No, it's always these."

"Do you want me to get rid of it?" There was no way I could actually remove whatever this was but I could cast an illusion to make his finger nails seem normal.

"No... I wouldn't want to do that, this happens every year, it would be weird without it."

"If you say so, has no one else ever noticed it? Surely the servants have, or even the king when you were younger?"

"I guess they probably did but no one ever brought it up, it's just something that happens, we're all used to it by now."

"Well that sure is interesting." Tamaki never ceased to surprise me.