The Bad Guys

"Word is that they are the most diabolic villains of our time. Let's go to our newly elected Governor Diane Foxington and Assistant Governer Alexis Hathaway." The news lady says as Alexis and Diane walk up to a podium.

"Okay yes. We hear you. We hear you. Listen, listen we all know how dastardly the Bad Guys are. But more than anything I feel sorry for them. These so called Bad Guys are really just second rate has beens." Diane says.

"I agree with Diane. Their antiques and honestly uninspired capers are just a show." Alexis says.

"Exactly. A show to hide a deep well of anger, denial and self-loathing. And those are holes that no amount of cash or priceless artifacts can ever fill. So can we just forget them for a moment and hope for more positive things? What could be more positive than the annual Good Samaritan awards where tomorrow night this year Alexis and I will present this year's award to the goodest citizen." Diane says.

*Timeskip*

"Enjoy your evening Mr. Ambassador." Diane says as she and Alexis are shaking hands with an Ambassador and woman at the awards event.

"Thank you for coming." Alexis says as the Ambassador and a woman leave.

"Interesting piece. Trashy, pointless and pretentious." A voice says revealing to be a wolf in a white coat with a mustache by a piece of art.

"I've heard that art reveals more about the one viewing it than it does about the artist." Alexis says as Diane nods.

"Mr-" Diane then gets cut off by the wolf.

"Poodleton. Oliver Poodleton." The wolf says as he kisses Alexis's hand causing her to smile as Diane watches him.

"Poodleton? I take it there are poodles in the pack?" Alexis asks curiously.

"My father's side. I took more after my mother in looks." Oliver says nervously.

"I like it. It's different." Alexis says as she smiles kindly.

"Okay." Diane says.

"It's about time someone stood up to those diabolic Bad Guys. Though I gotta say that no one has succeeded yet." Oliver says.

"Meh. I don't think it'll be that hard." Diane says.

"I have a feeling it'll be harder than you think. I'd say they're one epic job away from cementing their legacy." Oliver says as he smiles.

"You're kidding right Mr. Poodleton?" Alexis asks as she and Diane laugh.

"The only life they're cementing is life in jail. Did you see their last job? Ugh. Unsecured exits, crude disguises, show boating." Diane says.

"All the classic signs of a crew in decline. And then it'll be personal for them." Alexis says.

"And that's when you know they're toast." Diane says.

"Well that's your opinion." Oliver says.

"It is and I'm the Governor and my friend is the Assistant Governor. As for the sculpture we've always believed things are about perspective." Diane says as she walks away.

"Yep. Sometimes even trash can be made into something beautiful when given the chance." Alexis says as she shows Oliver a shadow resembling a swan projecting from the piece of art.

"How about that? I guess some things aren't always as they appear." Oliver says.

"No. They're not. It reflects what Diane and I believe about things. Things might not always look pretty but it's not the surface you should look at." Alexis says.

"Kind of like you Mrs. Assistant Governor?" Oliver asks as alexis looks at him curiously.

"What do you mean Mr. Poodleton?" Alexis asks.

"Well the people are always hearing about something your friend Diane has always done but never enough about her assistant who is always by her side. Doesn't it bother you? They're only looking at the surface which is your friend. Never at everything except once in a while." Oliver says.

"It's alright. I don't mind. Besides Diane is like my sister. I'd do anything for her." Alexis says.

"That's pretty admirable." Oliver says as he smiles kindly.

"Thank you Mr. Poodleton." Alexis says.

"You're welcome. Oh that reminds me. Could I get a quick picture with you? I'd like to say I met the assistant as well and not just the governor when I say I met the Governors of our fine city." Oliver says as he takes out his phone.

"Sure." Alexis says as Oliver takes a picture with her.

"Alexis!" Diane shouts from afar.

"I should go. It was nice meeting you Mr. Poodleton. Enjoy the ceremony." Alexis says as she walks off.

*Timeskip*

"Presidents of the committee Governor Diane and Assistant Governor Alexis." A voice says as it introduces Alexis and Diane as they walk onto the stage.

"Thank you. Last year we faced our biggest test when a meteorite crashed into our dear city. That meteorite didn't just make a whole in our city it made a hole in our hearts. But even in tragedy Professor Marmalade did what he does so well. He made us look at things differently. And thanks to you Marmalade the love crater meteorite will forever serve as a symbol of how there is good even in the worst places." Diane says.

"And now please join us in welcoming to the stage our dear Professor Marmalade himself!" Alexis says as Marmalade comes to the stage as the people cheer.

"Thank you Diane, Alexis." Marmalade says as he begins to give a speech.

"And now the moment we've all been waiting for! It is our honor to award Professor Marmalade with the golden dolphin!" Diane says as the curtains raise only to reveal the statue is gone much to everyone's shock.

"No!" Alexis and Diane shout in union seeing the statue is gone.

"Diane." Alexis says seeing the crowd is starting to panic.

"On it. Everyone, everyone! Please don't panic. We're sure there's an explanation for this. Please do not panic." Diane says as she tries to keep people from panicking.

"Diane, Alexis you have to understand. I didn't bring hope back to the city for an award. I did these good things because of how they made me feel. They made me get that shiver up my spine. The wag in my tiny tail. Because you see being good just feels so good. And when you're good you're loved." Marmalade says before people hear commotion and see some animals with Mr. Poodleton before his mustache comes off revealing him to be Mr. Wolf.

"It's the Bad Guys!" A person shouts.

"Arrest them!" The police chief shouts before cops swarm around the Bad Guys.

"What makes you think we stole it?" Mr. Wolf asks as they reveal to have stolen the golden dolphin.

"It's over Bad Guys!" The police chief shouts.

"Not yet it's not! So long suckers!" Mr. Wolf shouts as he and his group try to get away through a grappling hook only for it to backfire on them.