Parting with the Boar

Kagura ended up staying the night, but it was now time for her to leave.

"Today we must part," Kagura said, hugging Kyo tightly as he was struggling to get free. "Please be well, my love. I'll come back to see you soon."

"I'll be fine as long as you stay as far away from me as possible!" Kyo hissed.

"Well, they're in high spirits this morning," Tohru said, entering the room.

"So, what's your guess?" Shigure asked me and Tohru. "Did you two figure out Kagura's year?"

"No, we didn't!" Tohru said.

"Would you leave me alone?!" Kyo yelled at her.

"Fine! Just for that, you're not getting a kiss goodbye!" Kagura cried and attempted to slap him, but he caught her hand.

"I'm not going to take any more of your punches-" 

Kagura then turned around and shoved him with her whole body, making him fall back and land on the TV.

"My TV!" Shigure explained.

"I can't believe him. How can he be so mean?" Kagura said, running away. "But... I LOVE HIM!" She punched the door and fell into the delivery man that was waiting outside.

"Who's that?" Shigure and Kyo asked.

"Someone's there!" Tohru exclaimed.

*Poof*

Yuki pushed the man away, covering his eyes. "Oh, good morning. How can I help you, sir?"

"Oh, I, uh... forgot to deliver your paper." the man replied. "Thank you!"

"Perfect save," Shigure said. 

"Sohma's even more dazzling than usual this morning," Tohru told us.

"That was a close one. Be more careful, Kagura." Kyo said to her.

"Sorry. I didn't know there'd be a man on the other side of the door." 

The smoke from her transformation cleared, reviling a small boar.

Aww, she's so cute!

Tohru picked her up, smiling and turning to Shigure. "Okay, I figured out her year. It turns out her zodiac is the year of the Boar."

"I don't think this counts as 'figuring it out,'" Shigure stated. "And yet, you seem so pleased with yourself."

Tohru turned back to Kagura. "This makes perfect sense. When you have a goal, it's all you can think about. This must be the Boar's influence on you." She Affirmed.

"That's less of a deduction and more of a fact," Shigure said.

Tohru pulled the boar closer and hugged her. "I've gotta hug you. You're the cutest little piggy I could ever imagine!"

"She's ignoring me."

"Hey, Kagura. I think I kinda see now. At first, I didn't understand what could make you love Kyo so much. But after last night, I can tell there are a bunch of great things about him. I hope I can see more of them..."

Kyo had a bewildered look on his face as Kagura wiggled out of Tohru's arms.

"How dare you cheat on me!" Kagura yelled, kicking him with her small legs. "I knew it! I can't take my eyes off of you for a single second!"

I face-palmed and Tohru turned to her in shock.

"What are you talking about?" Kyo questioned.

"I thought you said you'd forgive his affairs." Shigure and I said together.

Kagura had bit down on his head and blood ran down his face. "I never said he wouldn't be punished first!" she told him in a muffled voice.

"Excuse me, I think there's been a misunderstanding. I meant that I wanna become someone more like you, who's able to see the good in people even when it isn't obvious. Does that make sense?" Tohru expressed.

The boar's eyes seemed to sparkle. "You mean it? Like, for real?"

"Yeah! I think it's a fantastic trait to have, don't you?"

Kagura gasps as she transforms back into a human, still on Kyo's back. "I do!"

Kyo had turned away, his face a shade of red, and yelled, "Put some clothes on!"

"You need more training, dummy," Shigure said

~

"See ya later, darling!" Kagura said as she ran off.

Kyo and I sat on a ledge while Yuki and Tohru waved Kagura goodbye.

"Let's get together real soon!" Tohru exclaimed.

I sighed as Kyo said, "Hurricane Kagura has passed."

"Finally," I said. "That was a brutal storm."

"Yeah.."

"Darn it. With all this chaos at home, I didn't get to plant anything." Yuki muttered.

Tohru gasped and then smiled. "So, are you going to plant something new at your secret base?"

"Yeah, strawberries."

"Really? I love strawberries!" Tohru said.

"I'd hoped you might like them."

Tohru face turned a bright pink as she stared at Yuki.

Kyo and I got up and went over to them. Kyo softly hit Tohru's head and said, "We're gonna be late." And then he walked off.

Tohru smiled and we all started to follow Kyo.