The Sohma's Secret

Tohru had picked up all three animals: the cat, the rat, and the dog. Just moments before, they had all been human.

*Ding Dong*

"Hello? Package delivery!"

Tohru ran downstairs, still holding the animals, and answered the door.

I ran after her and stopped a few feet away.

"Their- their all animals!" she exclaimed to the delivery man.

The man smiled. "Yeah, those are some cute pets you got there! Now, if you would please sign here."

"No! You don't understand!" Tohru started, dropping the animals.

Then the dog, which had been Shigure, signed the paper.

The man just laughed and said, "Aren't you a smart little poochie?"

I giggled at his comment.

"Thanks a lot, man, have a nice day!" The delivery man walked off.

Tohru sighed and dropped to the floor, now holding the package.

"Ugh! We could have covered if you jerks haven't transformed too!" The cat hissed.

"You're the one who screwed up first, you stupid cat." the rat said, laying on the dog's head.

Tohru had a disorientated look on her face as she watched the animals bicker.

The dog barked to get everyone's attention and the cat hissed.

The dog sighed and looked in my and Tohru's direction. "We can either tell them the truth or make up a story they won't believe anyway. As you can see, I'm the dog, Yuki's the rat, and Kyo-soma over here is the cat. We're all possessed by animal spirits. Ten others in the Sohma family are similarly possessed by the different zodiac animals. It's been this way for generations. Unfortunately, it doesn't give us especially cool powers to speak of. Pretty much all we can do is communicate with our respective animals, and we transform whenever our bodies are weakened or hugged by someone of the opposite sex. We automatically turn human again after a while-"

*Poof*

"Ah!" Both I and Tohru screamed and looked the opposite way. Both our faces were red as a tomato.

"Completely naked, I'm afraid!" Shigure finished.

They all put their clothes back on and we gathered in the dining space, except for Kyo who sat on the porch just outside.

"Sorry about that. I know it must have come as quite a shock to you two. Now then-"

"It's cool!" I blurted out, interrupting Shigure. "Ah! sorry- I didn't mean to interrupt!"

"Oh, It's fine! Are you feeling a bit calmer, Tohru?" he asked, turning to her.

"I think so, but it's kind of a lot to take in," she replied.

"I agree!" I said to Tohru.

"I have to say," Shigure said, sitting down. "that was a pretty pathetic showing, Kyo. I mean you are a trained martial artist. Shouldn't it be a little harder for a girl to sneak up on you? You really have eyes for no one but Yuki, don't you?"

Kyo was now trembling with anger. "Don't make it sound like that! It's not my fault! You're the ones who let girls into this house!" he snapped at Shigure, pointing at Tohru and me. "Why are they even here?"

"Calm yourself, you have absolutely no say in who we allow to come in the house. You're an outsider." Yuki said as he adjusted the bangs of his silver hair.

This seemed to provoke Kyo. "SHUT UP!" He then punched the dining table and it made a clean cut down the middle. "Oh, crap," he said, realizing what he had done.

Blood then started to drip down Tohru's forehead.

"Is that- blood?!" Shigure exclaimed.

No, it's ketchup. I thought, rolling my eyes sarcastically.

"Huh?! I'm bleeding?" Tohru freaked out.

Kyo just stared at her nervously.

"We should put a bandage on that imminently!" Shigure said as Yuki walked over to Kyo and slapped him. 

"I knew you were a moron but I didn't know you were this stupid. Out of respect for the sheer depth of your idiocy, I'll do you a favor and fight you for real. So, please try not to bore me."

"Give it all you got you little girly boy!" Kyo yelled before leaping at Yuki.

I watched them fight as Shigure patched Tohru up.

Yuki then kicked Kyo, making him go flying, break a door, and land in a small pond.

Poor Kyo.

"You were a bore," Yuki said, heading in Tohru's direction.

I went outside and crouched beside Kyo who was leaning against the rocks and coughing.

"Are you okay?" I asked as his coughing eased up.

"I'm fine! leave me alone!" He spat, lugging himself up out of the water.

I was kind of bummed by his words but ignored them and made my way back inside.

I then saw Tohru spring up and say, "Oh my gosh! I have to hurry or ill be late to class! I'm sorry for running off like this, but it's important for me to go to school every day! I hope you understand." 

Oh, crap. School. I forgot too

"Yes, you did promise your late mother. Don't apologize. Though I should let you know, I will have to report that you and Y/N witnessed our transformation to Akito, the family head," said Shigure.

"Family head? Wow, that sounds important. K, I understand."

"I understand!" I echoed Tohru.

"I guess I should go change my clothes now!" she said, heading upstairs.

"I have to also, be right back!"