Rice balls

The 29th annual culture festival was coming up just next month so the school had been quite lively lately.

"It's decided, our class is going to operate a rice ball stand. With that settled, I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the kinds of filling we should use." Yuki told the class.

Tohru raised her hand and stood up. "Oh! What if we did tri-color rice balls? So in every rice ball, people get three different fillings to try. A bargain!" She suggested.

"That's cute, I like it!" Yuki said.

"Seriously?" Minami asked as everyone stared at her. "We totally need to ditch that idea, Yuki!

"Yeah! What if she suggests a tuna, kelp, and pickled plum combo?" Mai piped in.

"Gosh, that would be so disgusting!" The two girls giggled together.

The girls then screamed when Uotani went over to them with a metal pipe. "Nowhere near as disgusting as your personalities morons," she said as Tohru tried to calm her down.

"WHAT KIND OF PSYCHO BRINGS A STEAL PIPE TO SCHOOL?"

"I say we do rice ball battles!" Kyo yelled out, turning all the attention to him.

"Battles?"

"Yeah! Brutal head-to-head matches! First to pin their opponent wins! Weapons are allowed and customers have to duke it out for their rice balls. The only rule is no killing!"

"Hard pass," the whole class said in sync.

"I'm trying to contribute here! You jerks could at least think about it!" Kyo shouted at the class.

"That's one idea-" the girl next to Yuki said.

"What if some of the rice balls are actually duds? We could make a deal where you buy three and choose a fourth one for free, only some of the choices are simply, empty."

"Sounds great!" the class said.

"You shoot me down, but accept his dumb idea?" Kyo yelled at them.

"Sorry Kyon-Kyon, but yours was way too weird!" One of his two friends said.

"Don't pout about it Kyon-Kyon!" the other one said.

"Don't call me Kyon-Kyon!" he snapped at them.

"Don't be mad Kyon-Kyon."

"Look cats!" A girl yelled and pointed at Kyo.

Multiple cats were hanging on to him and everyone started to freak out.

They are so cute though!

"What the heck?"

"How'd they get in here?"

"Where did they come from?"

"How cute!"

"That's it! I'm out of here!" Kyo then stomped off and ran away.

"Wait Kyon-Kyon! you gotta tell us what's up with the cats!"

Without thinking, I ran after him. 

I soon found him on the roof, still covered in cats that were meowing like crazy.

"I thought I would find you up here!"

Kyo jumped at my sudden appearance.

"Cats like high places right? I used to have one myself!" I smiled as a cat came up to me.

"Aww aren't you adorable!" I picked it up. "I love cats!" I said as I rubbed my face in the cat's soft fur.

Kyo's face turned a light pink color.

"So, why are you here?" Kyo asked, turning away from me.

"I was worried about you! Don't you want to help out?"

"You don't need me. Everything will go fine as long as Yuki's there. He's always been so smart and capable... and good with people. Everybody automatically respects his talents. They trust him. I'm the one who started martial arts first you know. And now he's better at it then I am. It pisses me off! I cant magically make myself more like him, but I would if I could."

"Don't say that idiot!" I yell at him. 

He looks at me in confusion.

"You're perfect just the way you are! In my opinion, you're better then Yuki, but don't say I said anything!" I smile. "The cats my favorite animal! And it doesn't matter what Yuki's good at. You are good at other stuff! In your position, I would be pissed too, but it really doesn't matter! I'm not that great with words and I may not know exactly what you're going through, but It'll be okay! So, come on! lets go back to class." I held out my hand for him.

"Tch-"

He surprisingly took it and we both silently headed back to class.

Before we went in, I looked down to see our hands still together. My face turned red as I said, "Kyo, my hand-"

He pulled his hand away, immediately turning red as well.

"I'm sorry for calling you an idiot earlier, but you deserved it! If you talk down on yourself again I will... um- I'll kill you!" You spat.

Kyo chuckled little before you both headed into the classroom.