Chapter 24

Naruto stayed away from Sakura and Sasuke for the following weeks, and for once, Sasuke stayed away from Naruto. Not by choice, though. He wished he could be with Naruto and spend their time together like they did by the cherry blossom trees. Sakura has been by Sasuke's side every moment of every day. She would not let the chance of Sasuke telling Naruto what was going on pass.

Another month had passed, the end of the school year was coming around, and Naruto was focusing most of his attention on school and work. He didn't want to waste a lot of his time or thoughts on Sasuke. The press had mostly shifted their attention to Sakura and Sasuke's relationship and away from his and Naruto's. Naruto was glad for that too, but he was still a bit distraught over Sakura's betrayal. He had always known something was up, but he never admitted it.

"Hey Naruto, we were going out to study later. Would you like to join us? Lee asked during their lunch period.

Naruto had been fairly distant from his friends for the past few months, so this was a good opportunity to reconnect with them.

"Sure," Naruto said.

"Okay then, we will meet up after school at the bookstore after school," Ino said.

~

Sasuke was trying to eat his lunch in peace, but he couldn't with Sakura talking constantly and clinking on his arm. He sat there as Sakura talked and talked; it seemed like it would never end.

"Hey, are you even listening to me? Sakura pouted.

"No," Sasuke replied.

Well, I am mad at you now," she said.

"Ok."

"I'll forgive you if you give me a kiss."

"No thanks; I think I'll live."

"Give me a kiss, or I will release more to the press," she whispered in his ear.

Sasuke sighed and gave her a small peck on the cheek. In which she replied by pulling Sasuke's lips to hers by the collar of his shirt. She forced her tongue into his mouth before he pushed her off and glared at her before resuming eating his lunch.

She walked off to go to school with her other friends and Suigetsu. Sasuke sighed and pushed the food in his lunch box around, disgusted by the taste that Sakura had left in his mouth. He took a sip of water before continuing his semi-peaceful lunch.

~

After school, Naruto met up with his friends at the bookstore, and they opened up their textbooks and notebooks. No one really studied; they just talked loudly amongst each other. Naruto got back to his usually cheery self and joked with Lee and Kiba.

The time passed quickly, and soon enough, it was time for everyone to part ways and head home. So everyone said goodbye, and they headed home in different directions. Naruto walked home with Shikamaru before he said goodbye and entered the apartment building, then his apartment.

Naruto dropped his bag next to the door and slid off his shoes before walking into the kitchen, putting a pot of water on to boil, and taking out a package of ramen for dinner. While the water was boiling, Naruto quickly rinsed off in the shower and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. He noticed that they were Sasuke's, and he had never given them back after walking out a month ago. Naruto continued to make his ramen and poured it into a bowl. Just then he heard the doorbell ring, and he walked over to the door and opened it.

He opened it and saw Sasuke standing at the door. Sasuke looked at Naruto up and down and smirked. Naruto rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"I see you're still wearing my clothes; anyway, I want to talk to you. It has been a month, and the end of the school year is only two weeks away," Sasuke said.

"Fine, come in," Naruto said, stepping aside so he could come in.

Naruto grabbed his ramen from the counter and sat down in the armchair next to where Sasuke was sitting on the couch.

"Out with it," Naruto said with his mouthful.

"Sakura has been threatening me with the photos and stuff of our relationship, and the only way she won't release it to the press is if I am dating her, but I hate it. So if it's ok with you, we can go public and say that we are dating, and you can come on tour with us after school ends and we graduate. Then I won't have to date her, and we can be together."

"No, I don't want the attention. I love you, Sasuke, but I can't. I don't know. It's not right; I'm sorry," Naruto said.

"Then we don't have to be public; let the rumors spread; I don't care," Sasuke said.

Naruto sighed and replied," I will think about it."

"We leave for the tour on July 20," Sasuke said.

Sasuke stood up, walked over to Naruto, and gave him a long kiss. One full of love and emotion that conveyed all of his feelings. They broke apart, and Sasuke left the apartment with Naruto sitting stunned. He washed his empty bowl and went back to sit on the couch and think about Sasuke's offer.