Chapter 19

Lee ended up going first because he was up for a challenge. Everyone ended up laughing and giggling as he was singing, which led Lee to laugh, and that made everything all the more funny. When he was one, everyone was arguing about who should go next. Neji made an excuse, saying that he was going to go and order food because he was hungry. Hinata was too shy to do anything by herself, so all of the girls went up and did a song together. Ino was screaming and singing, and so was Sakura; Tenten was half laughing and half singing; and Hinata was just giggling.

Neji came back a while later with some food, and everyone was talking and eating except Sasuke, who kept to himself since this wasn't really his group of friends. Naruto was talking to Shikamaru when he noticed how out of place Sasuke must have felt. He turned to him.

Are you good?" Naruto asked.

"Yeah," Sasuke said.

"Why don't you go talk to Neji? You two probably have something in common."

"No, I just want to be here with you," Sasuke said, resting his head on Naruto's shoulder.

Everyone piled up their dishes and tried to decide who was going to sing next.

"How about the two love birds over there sing a duet? Ino said it giddily.

"Come on, Mr. Hot-Shot-Famous-Band-Member," Kiba said.

Naruto kept refusing, but everyone started chanting for them to sing, so the two got up and went to the small stage at the front. The two agreed on a song, and they each picked up a microphone and turned to face the group. Everyone was waiting for it; they were waiting for the two to sing their little love song to make everyone's heart melt, or at least the girls were.

The music started, and Naruto fiddled with the mic nervously, but Sasuke grabbed his hand and squeezed it, which earned a reaction from the girls. Sakura was not all that pleased, but she hid it well.

The first verse started, and Sasuke began to sing. It obviously wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as good as Suigetsu's, and he was just the bassist and backup singer, not the lead one. Then it was Naruto's turn; his voice was actually better than everyone had expected. When they reached the chorus, they sang together in harmony, but not perfectly, which earned laughs from everyone. Sasuke let go of Naruto's hand and wrapped his arm around his waist, pulling Naruto close.

Ino and Sakura stood up, and they started slowly dancing and laughing together. Tenten and Lee joined them, along with Hinata and Kiba. Neji and Shikmaru just sat back silently. Everyone knew that neither of them was going to sing, let alone dance. Everyone was laughing while they danced, and Naruto chuckled as he sang when he leaned his head on Sasuke's shoulder. They rocked side to side, continuing to sing, wanting this moment to never end. After a bit, the song came to an end, and Naruto grabbed Sasuke by the collar and gave him a kiss. Everyone cheered until they broke apart and went to sit back down on the bench.

Slowly, the night came to an end, and everyone left at 9. Naruto and Sasuke stood outside, talking to each other.

"You want to come back with me to my place? Sasuke asked.

"Okay, but only if you make me food," Naruto said.

"I'll make you anything you want, but I don't know if I should take offense that you only want to hang out with me if I make you food," Sasuke said, taking Naruto's hand.

The two began walking toward Sasuke's apartment.

"Don't worry, I love you," Naruto said, giving Sasuke a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you too," Sasuke replied, smiling.

The two walked in silence and came to terms with what they said to each other.

"Did you say you loved me? Naruto asked.

"Yes, because I do," Sasuke said confidently, "and I can ask you the same thing."

"Well, I do love you," Naruto replied, and they kissed.

When they got to Sasuke's apartment, they snuck past Suigetsu, who was dashing around the kitchen with his headphones in. They entered Sasuke's room, and Sasuke changed into a pair of sweatpants.

He looked at Naruto and gestured at his closet, saying, " Take anything you want."

Naruto picked out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt and changed. Sasuke climbed into bed and gestured for Naruto to lie down next to him. Naruto felt uncomfortable at first, but then Sasuke wrapped his arms around Naruto's waist and pulled him close, causing Naruto to relax.

"Good night," Sasuke whispered in his ears.

Naruto giggled a bit because Sasuke's breath tickled his neck. The two grew tired after a while and drifted off to sleep.