Under the Bed

As a child, Raelee always thought there were monsters under her bed, just waiting to grab her feet and pull her down into the dark depths that lay beneath. Her parents always reassured her that there was nothing to be afraid of, but even as she grew up and moved into her own apartment, she still checked under the bed every night before going to sleep.

One night, however, Raelee forgot to check. She had been out late with friends, and by the time she got home, she was exhausted and ready for bed. Without thinking, she crawled under the covers and shut her eyes.

It wasn't until she heard a faint scratching sound coming from beneath her bed that she realized her mistake. Her heart pounding in her chest, Raelee slowly pulled the blankets away to reveal the darkness that lay beneath. At first, there was nothing there – just a few dust bunnies and an old shoe. But then she saw it: a pair of glowing eyes staring back at her from the shadows.

Raelee screamed and tried to scramble out of bed, but something grabbed her ankle and pulled her back. She thrashed and kicked, but the grip on her ankle only tightened, pulling her closer to whatever lurked beneath her bed.

As she was dragged into the darkness, Raelee  realized too late that the monsters under her bed had finally come to claim her.