Phone Call

It was a quiet night, with the moon shining brightly in the sky. The wind was blowing through the trees, creating rustling noises that echoed through the darkness of the night.

A young woman named Haliyah  sat on her couch scrolling through her phone. Suddenly, her phone rang, making her jump. She looked at the caller ID, but there was no name attached to it. She hesitated for a moment before answering the call.

"Hello?" she said, nervously.

There was silence on the other end of the line, and Haliyah assumed it was just a wrong number. But then, she heard breathing. Heavy, ragged breathing that made her skin crawl.

"Who is this?" she demanded, feeling her heart rate increase.

The breathing continued, but this time it was closer, almost as if someone was standing right next to her.

"Leave me alone!" she yelled, hanging up the phone.

She tried to brush it off and tell herself it was just a prank call, but the phone rang again not even a minute later. This time she answered it in a more panicked state.

"What do you want from me?" she cried.

This time there was a voice on the line, a soft whisper that sent shivers down her spine.

"Tonight's the night, Haliyah," the voice said. "I'm coming for you."

Haliyah hung up the phone, her mind racing with fear. Who was this person? Why were they targeting her?

Just then, she heard a sound coming from the window. She got up to investigate and saw a figure lurking in the darkness outside. The person had a mask on, and Haliyah couldn't make out who it was.

She ran to the phone to call for help, but the line was dead. The intruder had cut the phone line.

Haliyah's  heart was pounding as she tried to gather her thoughts. She ran to the front door to try and escape, but it wouldn't budge. The intruder had locked her in from the outside.

Panic set in as she realized there was no way out. The only thing she could do was wait for the inevitable.

Suddenly, the front door burst open, and the masked figure entered the room. Haliyah screamed, her voice echoing through the empty house as the intruder came closer and closer.

The last thing Haliyah heard was the sound of the phone ringing in the distance, a reminder of how it all started.