Fireworks

As you went to the car all you could think about is why Ben was at the mall. Had he bumped into you on purpose? Or was it an accident? Was he following you the entire time?

All of these thoughts flooded your mind as you get into the car. You set your bag on your lap and your mom gets in and starts the car. As your mom drives back to the house you watch out the window seeing all of the buildings and trees you pass. I guess you wouldn't have found it weird for him to be following you around, even though most would.

Before you know it you arrive back home and you went inside with your mom. "You should go get ready" she said with a soft smile as she put her keys and purse in a place she'll find it next time. You nodded and went upstairs quickly, you threw the bag of clothes onto the bed and went to shower. You take a hot shower and you come out feeling cleaner than ever. You just realized how long its been since you've showered.

You get dressed in your new outfit and it happens to fit perfectly. Next you dry your hair with the towel and let the rest air dry. You looked at your phone to check the time, "almost 4:30..." you said to yourself. You let out a sigh and went into your room and put on your old converse, they were worn but it mad ether feel even more comfortable.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, you felt a bit strange, but in a good way. This was very different from what you usually wear, and you rarely went out to places. You felt the nervous excitement flood to your stomach. But there was a lot more of the nervous feeling this time.

What would your mom think of him? I mean sure he's very sweet..  but what about how he looks..? It never bothered you... but it could bother her...

The invasive thoughts filled your mind but you pushed them away and went downstairs. Your mom was on the couch watching something on the television. When you came down the stairs she had her eyes only on you. You felt a bit shy and crossed you arms.

You mom looked at you with a soft smile, even though she looked as if she were going to cry. She got up and hugged you tightly with a shaky breath. You hugged her back a bit confused as to why she was so emotional to seeing you like this. "You look very nice ." she said kissing your forehead and breaking the hug.

You felt so comforted by this. It was a nice break from just hiding in your room all day alone. It felt like this situation changed your life for the better. It felt like the world shined in a beaming light and all the colors of the world seemed brighter.

You mom stared at you in a bittersweet way. She realized how long it had been since she's seen you so happy.

Knock, knock, knock.

Someone knocked at the door and both of your heads turned to the door. Our heart skipped a beat at the though of it being Ben. You quickly went to open it.

It was Ben, he was wearing the outfit you had given him. He was holding a two small bouquets of flowers making it seem like one big one. "Hi y/n.." he said quietly, seeming a bit nervous. But he still smiled wide.

Your mom eyes were wide, suprised by the boy's appearance. She quickly shook off all concered thoughts and gave a welcoming smile.

"Hi.." she say to Ben, "Oh! This is my mom.." you said gesturing to her. He waved, but he still a but nervous of what she would think of him. He obviously didn't want to make a bad impression. "Mom this is Ben.." you was opening the door fully for him to come in. His eyes widened when he remember the flowers, "Oh here.." he said giving one of the lovely bouquets to you  "I got one for you too.." he said giving one of the bouquets to your mom as well.

Your mom's heart seemed to melt at the kind gesture. And your heart fluttered when he gave you one. "Oh.. you didn't have to do this.." she said smelling the flowers. It had been forever since she had received flowers from anyone and she seemed to appreciate it more than one could ever imagine.