Not A Monster

You and Ben decide to take the rest of the day to relax and hang out. You became more comfortable around him as you got to know eachother more. And the more you talked to him, the more he seemed to be a normal teenage boy. He liked video games, especially horror games. And he seemed very sweet but still immature enough to be funny.

Most of the day you played video games on the Nintendo or you just talked or watched shows. You glanced at the clock every once in a while to make sure Ben could hide back in his T.V. before your mom got home.

The day passed by quick and you eventually the sun was setting. Nightfall soon came and it was around 8 o'clock. You figured you would have to say bye to Ben soon, but you soaked up as much of the time you had left.

You and Ben sat on the couch together watching a movie. Ben put his arm around your shoulder pulling you closer to him with a smirk. You looked up at him and he looked back with a smug look. "What?" You ask confused by his gesture. "Nothin.." he laughed slightly and looked back at the movie.

"Alright Mister flirty pants.." you say looking back to the movie as well. "Flirty..?" He said with a smirk, he leaned in inches from your face, "And you're acting like you don't like it...". You blushed a little because of how close your faces were now, you could feel his soft breathing on your face. "Shut up.." you said looking away from his direction. "Aww.. are you flustered already..? I've barely done anything.." he said with a smug chuckle.

He makes a teasing pouty face, "aw.. I can't help flirting with cuties like you.." he snickered at your reaction. He used the hand on your shoulder to tilt your head to look at him. You felt your cheeks flood with heat. Your faces were centimeters away from eachothers.. Ben looked directly into your eyes with love and comfort. He smiled at you and he was about to say something before you heard your mom's car pull in the driveway.

Your eyes widen, "oh shoot c'mon!" You grab Ben by his shirt and pull him back up stairs. You hear your mom open the front door and close it behind her. "Hurry go to the T.V." you said quietly. He gives you a nod and goes into your room and he crawled back into the T.V.

You compose yourself and head downstairs to see your mom. She looked exhausted as per usual and she had set her keys and purse on the kitchen counter. You go into the kitchen trying to act casual, "Hey Mom" you said. You needed to start up a conversation to lead to ask about tommorow. You had a nervous feeling in your stomach that it might not go as planned. She looked at you and sighed, it must have been a really busy day at the hospital.

"Yeah..?" She said rubbing her eyes but still smiling at you with compassion. "So how was work..?" You said while leaning your elbows on the counter and holding your head with your hands.

"Busy.. as usual.." she rubbed her temple and looked at you, "What did you do all day?". "Just hung out.. nothing special... but there is something that I found out today.." you said trying to keep yourself from seeming nervous. She looked up at you curiously, "what is it..?".

You look down at the countertop, "Well.. the carnival is in town and I was wondering if I could go with a friend...". You smiled trying to play off your lie, Ben was not just a friend, obviously.. but she can know yet.

She raises her eyebrows, "friend..?" She asked, she crossed her arms. "Who is this friend...?". She had a suspicious smile on her face as if she already knew. "Oh his name is Ben..". Your mom's eyes widen in suprise and excitement, "So it's guy, huh?" She smirked, "Well I'd like to meet your.. friend.. before I let him take my daughter on a date".

Your eyes widen, "I-it's not a date!" You say caught off guard. Your mom smirks, "Right.. because out of the blue you have a 'guy friend' who wants to take you to the carnival..". Your mom knew she was right and she knew that Ben wasn't just a friend. You felt embarrassment of getting caught making your face red. You couldn't decide whether you wanted to give in or keep trying to convince her that he was really just a friend.