Part 1

I wake up due to someone pulling my bed sheets off. "Get up. We need to go."

I roll out of bed to see Toga's emotionless face. "What's so important that you need to wake me up at 5:30 in the morning?" I half yell at him. I glare at the vampire hunter.

"Here," He throws something black at me as I untangle myself out of my bed sheets. "Put it on."

"This better not be a lingerie" I say as I walk into the bathroom to change as the vampire hunter grunts and walks downstairs. When I finish changing into what I found out was a uniform, I stomp out of the bathroom and to Toga, who is reading a news paper. "A skirt?!"

He sighs deeply before saying, "All female students must wear one."

"Student?" I repeat, forgetting my anger.

Toga sets his paper on the black glass coffee table in front of him. He looks at me with the most annoyed expression. "Starting today, you'll be attending a school called Cross Academy."

I stare at him blankly for a minute. School? For me? He's got to be kidding me. Toga home schooled me. Right after he saved my life, he adopted me and schooled me. Hell, I'm so smart, I've outsmarted the H.A! Why the hell do I need to go to school!? When I'm finally able to speak, the words come out harshly. "Why?"

Obviously irritated with my attitude, Toga stood up to his full 6'5". "Because it was a request from someone."

"Am I gonna be 'learning' anything? You know how much I hate learning things I already know. And besides, you know I'm above my academic level." I put my hand on my hip.

Yagri sighs once again. "You'll find out when we get there." He walks past me and to the front door. "Oh, and you'll be seeing an old friend too."

"What?" Old friend? Never in my life have I had a friend. Unless you count the guys that I fight with at head quarters.

***

When we get out of the black car, I see a big stone gate in front of me.

"Come on. We have to see the headmaster." Toga says to me as he walks to the big iron gate.

***

I knock on the door to the Headmasters office. Right as I'm in the middle of the third knock, the door swings open eagerly. "Well its about time you showed up!" A man that looks like he's in his late twenties and has glasses says to my step-father. "And who is this beautiful young lady?~" He walks in front of me and takes a strand of my (H/C) bangs that partly covers my right eye. "Yagari, who is this?"

"You don't remember? This is-"

"IS THIS YOUR LOVE CHILD!?!" The man cuts my father off as he hugs my face into his chest.

"WHAT! NO!" he yells back just as loud. "This is my adopted daughter. Her name (Y/N) (L/N). She's 16 years old. And she's a member of the H.A. Remember?"

I try to push out of the headmaster's iron grip. "C-can't-t... Brea-the.." I choke out.

"Kaien, let go of her. Look, she's turning purple and blue." Toga says in a cool tone.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait...... Kaien? Like, the legendary vampire hunter Kaien?! OMFZ! THE Kaien Cross is hugging me!!!!!!!!!!! OMZOMZOMZOMZOMZOMZOMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sorry..." Is all he says as he releases me. "Thats right! Wasn't (y/n) close friends with Zero?" He holds out his hand for me to shake.

"Call me (your nick name). And the pleasure is all mine." I grab his hand and shake back.

"Why (n/n)?" the headmaster asks.

"She doesn't trust anyone with her real name." Toga replies for me. " It took me forever just to know what letter it started with."

"Well my dear, you can trust me" Kaien tells me with a reassuring smile. I smile back at him. "Okay now that that's settled, '(n/n)', I would like to have you on our disciplinary committee."

"The what committee?" I say in confusion.

"The disciplinary committee. You already know that we harbor vampires at this school, right?" Kaien asks.

I look at Yagari and he only shrugs and mouths 'slipped my mind'. " I do now." I say forcing a smile. "Is that why you have moon dorms here?"

"That's exactly why!" Kaien claps his hands. "Now, I would like you to join the committee."

"And what would I be doing exactly on the D.C.?" I ask.

"You will be escorting the vampires to their classes. You will also be patrolling the school grounds at night to make sure that there is no day class students stalking the night class ones." The retired vampire hunter tells me.

I heave a sigh before I answer. "I only have one question."

"What is it?" Kaien tilts his head to the side.

I point at my father who has been silent the entire conversation. "What exactly will this guy be doing."

All of the colour drained from Toga's face. "Oh! Glad you pointed that out." He walks over to the him. "You, Yagari, will be teaching the night class students!~"

After the headmaster said that, I burst into a fit of laughter. "HA! Take that!" I say in between laughs.

"Shut up!" He shouts at me. "Kaien, why the hell would you do that. I'm a vampire hunter for God's sake!"

"I don't see a reason why not."

"Do you want me to kill them all!?!?" Toga yells over my laughter.

"You will do nothing of the sort!" Kaien tells back. "And even if you do, they will come after you. The Prince is among them."

Toga stares at the retired hunter and I stop laughing. "The Prince? As in, the Vampire Prince?" I say.

"Kaname Kuran" He says. "He is in the night class. Along with some of his cousins."

"Damn you Kaien." Toga sighed. "Why would you have me teaching that class."

"I'll tell you why later. But right now," Headmaster's voice turns cheery again, "We have to get (n/n) off to the Moon Dorms gates so she can help Yuki and Zero ward off all of the fangirls."

"Fangirls?"

All Kaien does is smiles.