4.

Author's Note: Thank you very much for reading and sticking with this fanfiction. I HAVE BIG IDEAS FOR IT, I'M JUST SETTLING YOU INTO THE STORY SLOWWWWLY. Things will have with the mysterious book that keeps getting mentioned, the step-mum, Daniel, Luke, Aiden and her Dad. So, yeah:-) Please, give me any comments. They're really appreciated<3

__________________________________________________________

4.

After a week, I got my phone back. I'm seventeen years old not ten. It's my evil step-mum, I swear to God!

I noticed I had a few texts:

Faye: 'Hey it's Faye, just wanted to see how you are in Australia? Meet any cute guys yet?;)x'

Luke: 'The other day was really fun:-) feel free to come to ours sometime x'

Unknown Number: 'hey it's skip, I got ur number whilst you wernt lookin haha see you x'

I replied to Faye telling her about my time here before getting quite bored. It was two in the afternoon and Sarah went to work, she found a job as a waitress pretty quickly, Dad went to his interview and Aiden went out with this girl he met the other day so I had the house to myself.

I flicked through my texts again and reread Luke's and replied:

'Is it alright for me to come round now?x'

'Yeah sure baby x'

'Um...'

'Omg sorry Beau had my phone-.- he's angry at me because I ate something he wanted in the fridge. x'

'Okay, I don't know where you live though x'

Ten minutes later, no reply. Okay then, don’t reply, I thought to myself and went up to my room. I got out my battered book with the light brown pages and plain back cover and just as I found my blue-inked pen the door went.

It was Luke. He grinned at my facial expression when I saw he was only in shorts and trainers.

"Is that a thing in Australia?" I asked, quickly covering up the fact I was probably bright red.

"Is what a thing?" He replied, smirking as we walked together down the road.

"To just be half-naked all the time?" I finished my question to hear his deep laugh.

"Just remember this route if you ever want to come to ours because I'm not showing you this short cut again," Luke climbed the fence and jumped over. I stood on the other side looking at 8 foot of unstable metal separating us.

"I can't climb that!"

"Sure, you can. It's easy, our house is just over there." he pointed to a house behind him.

"Easy for you maybe! Can't I go round?"

"It'll take you at least half an hour if you go around," Luke said, convincingly. " I promise I'll catch you if you fall."

"You promise?" I asked, unsure.

"I promise."

---

"Thank you for having me round, Gina." I smiled at the boys' Mum and she kindly smiled back.

"It's no problem, hun, it's nice to have another Usher fan around the house."

"Mum, you're being embarrassing." Luke stated.

"Aw, does Lukey-pukey like Maisy-waisy?" Beau taunted.

Jai helped, "Beau shut up. Sorry Maisie, see you later. Hey, Luke, did you tell her about the party on Saturday?"

"Oh yeah! Maisie, there's this big party on Sat-" Luke started before I interrupted.

"I don't like parties."

"WHAT? A BRIT WHO DOESN'T LIKE PARTYING?" Beau shouted and his jaw dropped.

"Well, I don't know. It's just I wouldn't know anyone so..." I mumbled.

"You'd know us." Luke smiled, walking me to the door.

"They're all really nice people." Jai laughed, softly hitting Beau's jaw.

"Yeah no one will mess with you Maisie while I'm around." Beau nodded and 'swaggered' over to me to give me a hug goodbye.

"That's reassuring," I said, sarcastically. "Thanks."

"I'll walk you home," Luke suggested, getting a jumper.

"No, no. It's fine. I can go myself."

"What about the fence?" he laughed and insisted on walking me.

---

"So, I'll see you Saturday. Beau was going to drive us, would that be okay with your parents? " Luke asked on my doorstep.

"Who cares if it's okay with them? I'll come, don't worry." I smiled but he looked a little disheartened.

"Ask," he pleaded. "For me. What if something went wrong and besides where are you going to say you are for the night?"

"I'll think about it," I lied. My parents are so tight, I'm seventeen and they take away my phone for 'answering-back'. God knows what they'd do if they found out I was going to a party with alcohol involved. "See you on Saturday then, Luke."

"See you then," he said before nodding to himself, leaning towards me and kissing me on the cheek. It felt like small sparks of electricity sparked through my face from my cheek for a few moments and when he pulled away I longed for his presence again. Please, don't tell me I'm already falling for a boy I've just met.

"See you then." I smiled, covering up the burning sensation, almost firework-like, of excitement inside of me.