twenty two

ao'nung

Saturday's have always been Ao'nung's favorite. It was the day of the week where he could do absolutely anything he wanted and be able to say he made it through the week once the day was over. This particular Saturday he woke up with a throbbing headache. And a foot in his face.

"Eughh, Rotxo!" he quickly slapped his friends toes out of his face. Rotxo awoke from his slumber with an instant jump, causing him to roll off the bed straight onto Ao'nungs carpet floor.

"Okay, ouch?" Rotxo shot Ao'nung an ugly glare before picking himself off the floor.

Ao'nung and Rotxo had stayed up all night playing video games, watching horror movies, and emptying out the pantry. The pair had a tradition of spending almost every weekend together and making the absolute most of it each time. And because Ao'nung hated the idea of his friend sleeping on the floor, they always shared his bed. It was never weird or awkward since they've been doing it for so many years, but it was never denied that Rotxo was one of the wildest sleepers Ao'nung had ever encountered.

"Your damn foot was practically in my mouth!" Ao'nung spat, returning the glare.

"Oh shut up, like you haven't had worse in your mou-"

"Both of you shut up!"

Both boys heads shot in the direction of the doorway where Tsireya stood, arms crossed across her chest.

"All night you guys made a bunch of ruckus I couldn't even hear my own voice. Goodness can a girl get some beauty sleep for once." She huffed as dropped her arms to her sides. "Anyways. Kiri's getting her new kitten today and she wants us to meet it this afternoon. You guys okay with that?"

Rotxo nodded rapidly. "Yep. I already told her I would be there," He quickly looked towards his friend.

"Wait a kitten? Why?" Ao'nung questioned, alternating his focus between his friend and his sister.

"For her birthday, now do you wanna go or not?" Tsireya was getting impatient and it showed.
"Yeah sure, whatever," Ao'nung rubbed the sleep from his eyes as his sister slammed the door.

"I think she's mad at us," Rotxo concluded after a moment of silence.
"Yeah. She's definitely mad at us," Ao'nung nodded in agreement, joining his friend on the floor.

Ao'nung still hadn't told his best friend about his feelings for Neteyam. It wasn't like Rotxo wasn't aware of Ao'nung's sexuality. Pretty much everyone was. He never found the point in hiding it from anyone, but also never found the point in needing to announce it. It was just a part of him he didn't think needed to he showcased in order to be known. So that's exactly how he went about it. If someone asked, he told them. But he didn't find it necessary to tell them at the same time. Ao'nung was comfortable with his sexuality and that was something no one could change.

"Hey, Rotxo?"

"Yeah?"

Ao'nung contemplated how he was gonna approach this conversation.

"What's going on with you and that Kiri girl?" He nudged his friends shoulder, giving him a teasing smirk.

"Stop, i dont know," Rotxo looked down in his lap where he played with his hands. "I just think she's really cute. And she's also kinda mean. But I like it. Cause she's just a little less mean to me," He smiled as he talked about Kiri.