fifteen

tsireya

Tsireya watched the interaction between her brother and Neteyam. She thought it was sweet how unaware the two were of their obvious connection. She texted Kiri letting her know that they found Neteyam, and sent their current location as well. She explains how Neteyam said he walked to the store when on the phone with Ao'nung and that Neteyam seemed kinda out of it. Tsireya took a quick peek out the window to see if the two were still hugging. They weren't. They were seated on the curb and talking. Ao'nung's windows were tinted so she couldn't make out what they were saying and soon she felt guilty for staring, even though they couldn't see her from the outside.

Eventually Kiri and Lo'ak pulled up in their mothers car. Tsireya assumes that Neteyam's still isn't working properly. She opens the door to meet up with the other Sully kids. She first spots Lo'ak hopping out the passenger seat, Kiri following behind him with worry very visibly noticeable on both the teens faces. "He's okay," Tsireya reassured, keeping her voice to a whisper. She didn't want Ao'nung and Neteyam's moment to be ruined just yet. They haven't talked in so long and she really wanted to make sure they both communicated fully before jumping into their conversation. "Is he upset? Did he get hurt or anything? Has he said anything else?" Kiri rushes, peeking around Tsireya in an effort to check on her older brother. "No? I don't think so, at least. I think he just got lost maybe?" Tsireya answers, slightly shrugging her shoulders to prove her uncertainty. Lo'ak stays silent. He doesn't ask questions nor make any statements. Tsireya tilts her head at him, giving him a look with her brows furrowed. He gives her a small smile, it disappears as quickly as it appeared. She makes a mental note to ask him about it later.

Tsireya feels a hand rest on her shoulder quickly turning her around. She see's her brother there with Neteyam hiding behind him. She giggled at how shy the boy looked hiding behind her brother like that. Kiri squeezes through Tsireya and Ao'nung and engulfs her brother in a hug. "You idiot! Why would you walk to the store! Nobody walks to stores anymore!" Kiri hisses into his shoulder refusing to let go throughout the humorous lecture. "Sorry, I just wanted a chocolate bar," Neteyam's voice was tense and quiet. Kiri was definitely squeezing him too tight. "Kiri- Kiri I can't breathe," Neteyam chokes as his sister quickly lets go. They let all let out a small laugh. "Oops, sorry," Kiri replies. "But still. You scared the hell out of us, and mom's worried sick," Neteyam looks to the ground in embarrassment. Tsireya checks the time on her phone. "Ao it's getting late, we better go," Ao'nung nods in agreement, giving Neteyam a small wave goodbye. You looks to the other siblings nods his head towards them.When Tsireya enters the car's passenger seat, she can feel anxiety rising in her chest. "Nung, what if we get in trouble for leaving Avi, and Momma yells at us. I do not want to get yelled at. I'm glad we found Neteyam, don't get me wrong, but I do not need to be getting grounded because we stayed out too late," Ao'nung hasn't even started the car yet. Tsireya looks in his directions to see him frozen in disbelief. "Umm- okay. Anyways, I'm sorry for dragging you out here with me, I just didn't want to be alone. I won't drag you with me next time I promise. We'll actually, I don't. But I'll try not to next time," Ao'nung smiles, messing up his sisters hair as he starts the car. "Stop it! My hair looks good today don't ruin it!" Ao'nung chuckles and begins driving home. Tsireya puts her seatbelt on and plugs in her earbuds. She spends the rest of the ride listening to music until she drifts off to sleep.

——————————-

Tsireya blinks her eyes open to see her home in view. She rubs her eyes slightly then looks towards the drivers seat to see her brother scrolling through his phone. The car's off and they're parked in the driveway. "What are you doing?" she asks, voice slightly raspy as she's still waking up. "I'm waiting," Ao'nung replies. "I didn't want to wake you, and I thought I owed you the sleep anyways. And I'm not leaving you in the car alone. Especially not when it's this late," he continued, still scrolling though his phone. Tsireya smiled at her brother's act of kindness and unbuckled her seat belt. "Well, I'm up now so we can go inside," Ao'nung nodded and exited the car, making sure to open the door for his sister. When the two walked in the house the made sure to close the door behind them very quietly. The last thing Tsireya wanted was to get in trouble by her parents, and the last thing Ao'nung wanted was to make Tsireya mad. She took a peek in the kitchen and then the living room. The coast was clear. She tiptoed up the stairs, her brother in front doing the same action. Every creak made her flinch until she finally reached her bedroom. She let out a huge sigh of relief as she fell backwards onto her bed. She pulled out her phone and texted Lo'ak.