pranksters

"Okay so here's the plan," Rocket explains to Groot and Josephine.

Quill fell asleep in his seat at the front of the ship, as per usual, so they decided to keep themselves entertained.

"Jo, you're going to draw on Quill's face. Groot, you're going to tie his shoelaces together, so when he gets up" Rocket starts cracking up like a maniac, "he'll fall flat on his face," he laughs out loud.

Josephine and Groot look at each other and then back at Rocket.

Groot was feeling unsure about the whole thing, but Jo was fully on board with the prank.

"And what will you do?" Jo asks Rocket with a smirk on her face.

"Oh, you'll see."

As the three of them make their way up to the front of the ship, Rocket takes a left towards Drax's room.

"Where are you going?" Jo whisper-yells, careful not to wake Quill up.

"I gotta get something, I'll catch up with you guys." Rocket responds, but Jo seems skeptical, "...okay."

"Looks like it's just the two of us, you ready?" Josephine nods towards Groot.

Groot nods back with a determined look on his face. After practically witnessing world wars between Rocket, Joey and Quill. He wanted to be apart of their prank wars. Groot was still nervous but he wanted to be able to pull off his first ever prank.

Standing in front of Quill, Jo takes out her black marker. While working on her masterpiece, below her, Groot starts tying his shoelaces together.

As they're finishing up, Rocket makes his way to them trying to hold in his laughter.

"Why are you so giddy, you haven't even done anything," Josephine whispers at him slightly annoyed, as she's finishing up Peter's new look.

"I just put one of Drax's turds inside Quill's pillowcase," he said excitedly.

This caught Jo off guard, causing her to speak at full volume.

"Wait wha-" She's interrupted as Quill wakes up.

Rocket and Groot sneak away quickly, leaving Jo to fend for herself.

"Joey...what are you doing?" Quill wakes up confused, rubbing his eyes open.

With wide eyes, she realizes that she's just standing in front of him like a weirdo, and quickly shoves the marker into her back pocket.

"Umm nothing...just...making sure you were breathing." Joey utters the worst lie she could think of. If she even was thinking.

"Since when do you care if I'm breathing or not?"

Josephine internally facepalms knowing he wouldn't believe her.

"Hey! I care." She responds offended that he'd question her intentions.

"Ok if you care about me so much then when's my birthday?" Peter challenges her.

"Uhhh, are we talking light years... or dog years or..."

"Haha very funny."

"You don't know my birthday" the teen argues back.

"That's because you won't tell us when it is."

"Okay fine. You want to know what I was really doing?"

"No."

"Oh, okay" Jo was about to leave, surprised it was that easy.

"I was being sarcastic."