O3. 𝓡 - ❛ rhythm ! ❜

◜➷ you have met your soulmate .
your flight or fight is triggered whenever
your soulmate feels endangered ,
anxious , scared or unsafe

"kai? are you okay?" soobin questions as soon as he sees his soulmate curled up on the couch , dried up tears staining his pale skin

"i.. i think i'm okay now..." kai puts his arms out in a shaky sigh , craving the elder's touch to make him feel safe after the encounter he had while walking over to his hyungs.

"what's wrong? i felt something was wrong so don't try to lie to me ningie" soobin sits down on the bed , cradling the younger in his gentle arms.

kai fights back some tears as he huddles into his lovers warmth , the tingling feeling of the healing making him feel calmer as the moments pass by. he bunches up the boy's white dress-shirt and looks up at him through clumped up lashes.

"binnie there was a disgusting man i met today... he said i was too pretty to be alone , and that i was lying about having a soulmate... i tried to get away but he grabbed me—!" kai gets caught off with a small , almost inaudible , squeak when soobin pulls him back into his chest.

"oh hueningie... i'm so sorry..... you don't have to speak about it if it hurts too much.. just let me heal you at least" soobin holds in his own tears as his heart gets slowly ripped apart like paper , hearing that being one of the hardest things he'd had to hear in his life.

just the thought of it makes soobin shiver , that such a fragile , innocent and pure soul like his kai's had to be put through such a trauma. petting the boy's hair he leans into the boy and rests his cheek on the boy's head , regret filling his head. he never should've let him go alone...

"soobin.. look at me" kai whispers , the elder raising his head slightly so that the younger can look up at him again.

kai takes the chance to cup his boyfriend's face , thumbs stroking over the tear that's rolling down his cheek. he sighs as he pulls him down slightly , foreheads meeting and his hand sliding down to hold him by the back of his neck firmly.

"soob baby... don't blame yourself. i'm old enough to walk around on my own.. it's not your fault that i just had to meet someone like that... and that that happened to me...." kai says biting his lip , tears brimming his eyes as his heart pains in the same way as soobin's.

"but... i promised to protect you.." soobin answers , leaning back to view kai's face once more.

"but you can't protect me from everything... it's not how life works" kai fixes the boy's hair slightly , giving him a small smile of reassurance.

soobin doesn't answer , just stays silent as he reads the boy's facial expression. he engulfs the boy in a hug that feels as if he won't ever let go again , kai feeling the tingling of the comfort of the healing process starting up again.

"you know... it also made me realize how lucky i am to have you. the people without a soulmate... they must be so miserable" kai whispers quietly , stroking hearts on the boy's arm.

a small faint smile spreads on soobin's lips , the storm of thoughts and regrets that had raged inside his head start dying down... and a comforting , safe feeling of tranquility floods over the two boys.

 and a comforting , safe feeling of tranquility floods over the two boys