Together

I spotted Darius at the watering hole and smiled. I had made it in time! I drove the gyrosphere forward but saw Mitch and Tiff advancing just as I was about to call out to Darius.

They didn't care how much they hurt us or the dinosaurs, so it was fair for me not to care about doing the same to them.

I pushed the joystick forward, glaring as I sped towards the couple. The gyrosphere slammed against them, throwing them to the ground. I opened the door of the gyrosphere as Darius walked towards me.

"Nice driving–"

"Darius, what are you doing!? Why would you go after them yourself? You didn't even have a plan, did you!?" I exclaimed.

"I couldn't put you guys in more danger! This is my fault," he said.

"No, it isn't," I said firmly, taking his hands. "Look at me."

He slowly turned his head to stare into my eyes. His bottom lip trembled, and he hunched over. He looked close to turning away again, but he didn't.

"And listen. Since the Indominus broke out, you've done everything possible to get us home. Even when we gave up, you pushed us to keep going! You've kept our team together, and I will always be grateful. The only thing you are at fault for is keeping us all alive! Without you, Kenji might've led us into a nest of raptors, or Sammy might've mistaken a predator for prey! You've kept us safe. Tell me, who realised we'd make it to the docks faster by tunnel?"

"I did..." Darius replied reluctantly.

"...And who figured out where the Emergency Distress beacon was and set it off?" I asked.

"I did."

"Exactly! You've lied to yourself whenever you've said you're at fault. I'm sorry you keep feeling this way, but I will keep reminding you, even if it takes a lifetime!" I said, smiling at him warmly.

"Kiara, I–"

"Hey! Next time you two want a touching moment, maybe kick the guns further away!" Tiff hissed. "We're armed. AGAIN!"

They were awake! Hitting them with the gyrospheres should have knocked them out for a long time! But it didn't matter because I could hear music blasting from somewhere down by the watering hole, and I knew exactly what it was. From the growing smirk on Darius's face, I could tell he knew too.

"We're armed too!" Darius exclaimed, "With friendship!"

"Darius!" I whispered.

"What! It's a cool-guy thing to say, right?" Darius said, shrugging his shoulders with a corny smile.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Sure it is."

I turned to Mitch and Tiff, grinning at their confused looks. "Darius was trying to say that though you're armed, there are seven of us and only two of you! And if you hadn't noticed...."

"...We were just stalling," Darius finished.

We fist-bumped as the couple looked towards the watering hole.

On the motorbike were Sammy and Kenji, the headlights brighter than ever as it revved loudly. Sammy held Dave's mixtape, playing it as loud as it would let her. Yas was driving an ACU van, honking the horn repeatedly. She also had the headlights blindingly bright, flickering them on and off.

Ben was sitting on Bumpy's back, waving about two flashlights, laughing gleefully. All the dinosaurs around the watering hole perked up at the uproar, charging away in fear. They herded them far, far away!

"What?" Tiff gasped, snatching the tablet away from Mitch. She watched as it beeped loudly, the dots representing the dinosaurs leaving the screen.

While they glowered at their dream crumbling, Darius and I entered the gyrosphere and put on our seatbelts. I grabbed the joystick and pushed it forward as Mitch and Tiff faced us. We zoomed away, headed somewhere back in the jungle.