Resolution

They ran towards me with excited expressions. First came Darius. He ran and pulled me into a hug, squeezing me tightly. I let out a small laugh, hugging him back.

Yasmina and Sammy ran towards us, hugging us with bright smiles.

"We are so glad you are alright now!" Sammy exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

Yasmina nodded. "We were worried, all of us. Especially Darius and Kenji..."

She looked at Darius expectantly - probably because of the argument between him and Kenji. I need to ask them about that. But first, where are we?

I looked around silently. We were in a small clearing, the edges covered with tall Socoyas and Onagraceae. So this was where they brought me. Turning around, I spotted the tree I had that they had left me beside.

"You okay?" Yasmina asked as I had been silent for a while. I nodded.

"Yeah, but where are Kenji and Brooklynn?"

Sammy and Yasmina frowned at each other before turning to Darius, who was now twiddling with his fingers.

"Do you know where they are, Darius?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"They might be looking for your bag... I asked them to search before. So they went that way," Darius said nervously, walking in the direction he pointed.

"Okay." I stepped forward, but my legs buckled beneath me, and I dropped to the floor. Yasmina sniggered, and Sammy sent her a look, helping me off the ground.

"Thanks," I said to Sammy, frowning at Yaz. "And that wasn't funny."

"Do you want me to carry you?" Darius asked. I shook my head

"Thank you, but no. I think I should try to walk it out; my legs are still asleep," I sighed with a small smile. He nodded.

"So, to find Kenji and Brooklynn?" Sammy said.

"Yep."

We walked towards the direction Darius had pointed to, Sammy helping Yasmina walk and Darius helping me. I still veered close to the ground as I moved, and my legs felt slightly numb, but I think it was working. I was regaining feeling in my legs!

The bushes began to rustle violently, and Brooklynn and Kenji burst out with wide eyes. They stopped before us and bent over, breathing hard as they caught their breaths.

"Dinosaur! Chasing! Run! Coming!"

"Calm down and take a deep breath," Sammy said slowly. They did precisely that.

"Okay, what happened? What dinosaur?" I asked. They stared at me with wide eyes, mouths agape.

"Kiara!?"

"Oh, right. Uh, hey Kenji, Brooklynn!" I said, waving. The two of them flung their arms around me, squeezing me tighter than Darius had.

"Oh, my God. You're okay!" Brooklynn exclaimed happily, pulling back. I nodded.

"When did you wake up? Does your head hurt? Why is he helping you stand? What's wrong with your legs?" Kenji bombarded me with questions.

"I'm fine, don't worry. My legs are all weird 'cause I was out for so long," I explained. "But you guys said something about a dinosaur chasing you?"

"Some Dino-Saurus just growled at us when we were looking for your bag, and it started hitting the floor, so we moved away. Then, it just started to charge after us; ugh, it was so fast and-."

Kenji was interrupted as a parasaurolophus suddenly burst out from behind them.

"Run!"

Brooklynn quickly went to help Sammy with Yasmina, and the rest of us ran. My legs were threatening to fold, stumbling as I ran, but I didn't fall.