No Answer Is Always An Answer

We all cautiously watched as Jaden walked over to Karter, "Fuck you—seriously, dare or not, you knew Lakyn was off-bounds." 

She took the shot off of Lakyn? 

What the actual fuck. 

My eyes were visibly widened along with Cher and Davis's—although I couldn't help but notice Karter seemed slightly shocked too. Did she not remember? 

Jalen went to grab Jaden's shoulder, but he only pulled away, "And then she fucking kissed you—" 

"Wait-wait," I cut him short, feeling the wind practically get knocked out of me. I could physically feel my eyes grow heavy, "You guys kissed?" I forced out, feeling my chest grow with an unbearable amount of pain as I looked over at a silent Karter whose face was softened. 

If she kissed her... I don't think I could move past it. I don't think we could move past it. 

Jalen pinched the bridge of his nose, "See Jaden, now you're scaring Sloan—" he said, looking over to me before he said, "—She pushed Lakyn away almost as soon as she kissed her, we both saw it."

Thank God. Wow, thank God. 

Jaden scoffed, "Yeah, but now my girlfriend—or my ex-girlfriend can't even deny that she likes you," he said, clenching his jaw with the most anger I have ever seen on him, "Apparently, she had already got involved with me at that one party, and only continued things with me because she didn't want to make things awkward—but it seems like she's always fucking liked you, Karter."

I honestly didn't know how to feel. I mean, Karter couldn't help Lakyn's unsaid feelings, but I also felt weird that Lakyn had spent so much time around us—around Karter. 

And then Karter willingly took a shot off of her chest. Jesus. 

"That doesn't seem like Karter's fault," Davis hesitantly said, walking over with Cher. 

Jaden laughed once, and it was clear that it wasn't genuine, "Yeah? Because the body shot seemed to have opened imaginary doors for Lakyn," he said, looking over to Karter who was shaking her head to herself. 

Clearly, she was still processing what all happened last night, but maybe if she hadn't got drunk as we discussed—none of this wouldn't happened. 

"Still Jaden, she can't help Lakyn's feelings or the fact that she kissed her," Cher tried to explain. 

Karter pursed her lips, "Really, I am sorry. If I would've known she liked me—" 

"You what? Would've not been drunk enough to take a shot off of her?" Jaden cut her short with anger slicing through his voice. "You're seriously out of control," he said, narrowing his eyes at Karter. 

Jalen pulled Jaden back a few steps from Karter, "Chill on her, none of this is her fault." 

He was right, technically, the entire thing with Lakyn wasn't her fault. 

"I really wouldn't have taken the dare if I knew, Jaden," Karter tried to explain, but Jaden didn't seem like he was having it. 

Jaden only shook his head, "As if you knew anything. You were drunk off your ass per usual—" he looked over to me, "—Stop wasting your time Sloan, and just leave her already. She's not showing signs of changing."

I raised my brows at his straightforwardness, looking over to Karter who now had furrowed brows. 

"Fuck dude, just chill for a second," Davis said, crossing his arms over his chest. 

My eyes widened slightly when Karter took a step toward him—oh, she was definitely mad now. "You're really about to blame me for your girlfriend liking me? Yeah, because that actually makes sense," she said, and I could hear the irritation in her tone.