We Have A Change Of Plans

"You guys are so cute—Karter has told me so much about you," Lakyn said, sitting beside me as we sat on the outdoor bench in the middle of campus.

I smiled, sipping on my watermelon-flavored slushie, "You were talking about me, babe?" I jokingly nudged Karter who was seated beside me, sipping on her own blue raspberry slushie.

Karter playfully rolled her eyes, "You love to hear it, don't you?" she joked back.

I pecked her cheek, "You know I do," I said, turning back to Lakyn who was peering out at the campus littered with some students laying out in the grass or walking toward their next class. "So how do you like Harvard so far?" I asked, trying to loop her into the conversation.

While her presence was unexpected, I never wanted to make anyone feel left out or unwanted.

Lakyn shook her head, "Already stressful."

Karter laughed, "Tell me about it—biology is already stressing me out."

I'm assuming their professor wasn't going over the syllabus, and instead, was already assigning work.

Lakyn sighed, "It sucks that we already have an assignment," she said, taking a sip of her slushie. "How was your class, Sloan?" she asked.

I smiled, realizing I didn't have the bad experience they had with their professor. I guess I had gotten lucky so far.

"It wasn't bad at all, just going over the syllabus and class expectations," I said, shrugging to myself. "Although, I almost didn't make it considering I got lost—luckily my RA helped me."

Lakyn smiled, "That's so nice."

Karter nodded in agreement, "I feel like Tony probably wouldn't even know where he was going," she laughed, shaking her head to herself.

I laughed, knowing she was probably right. From what I had heard, Tony seemed just like the twins, only older.

Lakyn lazily raised her brows, "Well, my RA wouldn't even help me to begin with. She's sort of been acting like a bitch."

I frowned, hating that for her, "Damn, is she in our building?"

Lakyn shook her head, "No, I'm in building B."

Karter nodded, "Makes sense—B comes after A which clearly meant that building A was going to be better."

I laughed, shaking my head at her, "Okay, yeah that makes perfect sense, babe—thanks for clearing that up for us."

Karter chuckled, "Oh for sure, any time."

Lakyn laughed as well, "Well, she's right about building B not being that great—everyone seems to already have their own friends... honestly, you guys are the first people I've really talked to."

I couldn't help but feel bad, knowing I'd feel practically depressed if I didn't have any friends here. 

Karter shook her head, "That sucks, I don't understand why people aren't open to making new friends."

I nodded, "Honestly, I feel like we sort of got lucky since all of our friends came to Harvard too."

Lakyn sighed, "That sounds like a dream—my best friend ended up going to NYU."

My brows raised, I couldn't imagine Cher going to another university, even if it was three hours away.

I looked down when my phone alarm dinged slightly, indicating I had fifteen minutes until my next class.

"Don't tell me you have an alarm set for classes," Karter said, laughing to herself when I nodded defensively.

"I was almost late last time—so now I'm scheduling in time to get lost," I pointed out, earning another amused laugh from Karter.