ꨄ︎ an unexpected kiss in Brazil ꨄ︎

You accompany Lana to walk across the stage while Blue Jeans plays in the background, about to end.

As happened in rehearsals on multiple occasions, you let go of her waist as soon as she removes her arm from your neck-completely ignoring the way the touch of her hand on your skin sends sparks all over your body.

Keep it together. You're a professional. And she's your boss.

Lana turns to you. There it is, that bright, dazzling smile you've been waiting for. Your cue to return with the rest of the dancers. But you take a second, just a second to appreciate how beautiful she looks with her face lit up. Has you smiling back at her.

The next thing that happens is just... Fucking unreal and the best thing that ever happened to you.

Lana moves closer.

Your heart goes crazy right away.

Then her leg wraps around your waist.

You have no idea how or when your hand comes to rest on her thigh but somehow it does. Your mind is on fire because holy shit, holding her leg feels unbelievely good. Her creamy skin is so soft, so-

Wait. She leans forward.

No, she isn't.

But she is.

Ohmygodohmygodohmy-

Her lips press softly against yours. The surprise is so much that you unconsciously try to draw back, thinking that maybe it was you who actually leaned in and you're fucking up big time. But then Lana's body leans more noticeably against yours. Your fingers squeeze her thigh a little harder. No, it's her. And she's looking for you to kiss her back.

But you don't.

Because by the time your brain reacts and your senses come alive again, Lana drops her leg and leaves your personal space. The euphoric screams of her audience make you blink as soon as she continues singing as if nothing had happened. You immediately remember that you're actually working. So you quickly return to your coworkers, not aware of the gaze that follows you.

Did I fuck up?

But neither you nor Lana have time to try to find the answer right now.

*

"I just wanted to sing two more fucking songs! Two!"

The organizers of the Mita festival, which Lana just finished less than two minutes ago, apologize to the singer. But she triumphantly ignores them, only a few people of her inner circle able to keep up with her fast walking. She's seething with real rage.

"Yeah, whatever. Fuck you."

"Lana..."

"What?" She curtly says, disinterestedly glancing at the person who just appeared in her line of sight. Her anger soon melts off her face. "Oh, I'm sorry, honey. What is it?"

Jen, Lana's best friend, and Chuck immediately glance at each other. Honey? They're telepathically asking each other. You're busy enough processing the sweetness of that word directed at you to notice anything else.

"I had- I brought an extra vape, I thought you might need it."

"Thank God." Lana's fingers brush against yours as she takes the red vape you offer her. Juicy apple, her favorite. A beam spreads across her features. "Come with me for a sec."

Her hand lands at first on your arm, but eventually slides down to your hand, which she wraps warmly in hers. Yeah, it definitely feels magical.

Charlie can't help but chuckle as soon as Jen and Chuck gape in surprise, watching the two of you fading from their field of vision.