ꨄ︎ you surprise her when she needs it most ꨄ︎

As soon as Lana removes her brown boots, she collapses on the bed.

She should probably take a shower, change into more comfortable clothes before resting. But getting in touch with you is at the top of her priorities right now.

Keeping a relationship stable in the midst of a recently started world tour has never been an easy task. Hell, Lana can barely keep one going on a regular day with no shows in between.

The last messages between you are from a few hours ago, when you wished her luck with her show tonight and she replied with a simple thank you and hearts.

Lana cringes and hide her phone against her chest for a moment. You have proven to be nothing but the most kind, tender, light-filled and supportive person in this six month relationship. And yet she's unable to let her guard down. Afraid of getting hurt sooner or later, she pushes you away in her subtlest ways.

Maybe for that reason she didn't spend as much time with you these past two weeks during her break. It makes her feel terribly guilty. Even more so that she's now in the Midwest, each new show farther away from you. And that distance will grow exponentially when it's time to travel to Europe and South America.

Some guy dumped her once after only two weeks in a different state. Will you be okay with the fact that she'll be in other countries, that something as simple as a call will be nearly impossible due to time zone differences? Lana hopes so.

Because you're not like those idiots she dated before. No, you're different. One in a million, really, like winning the damn lottery. And losing you isn't in her plans.

---

lana

hii love💖
11:37 p.m

i'm already at the hotel after an amazing gig. have to take a shower but i'm so tired i barely want to move. getting old sucks lol

how has ur day been? you're not sleeping yet r u?

---

As usual, she gets a response from you in less than two minutes. The speed with which you always answer her messages always makes her smile like a fool. She definitely needs to improve in that aspect.

---

you

hii beautiful
wait
did you just call me love?

---

Lana nervously bites her bottom lip as she types her answer.

---

lana

yes, cuz u are
my love
is that bad?

you

pls no, call me your love all you want 😭
you're my love too

lana

stop ur gonna make me cry
im sad already

you

what why???
did smth happen??

lana

it's just that i miss u so fucking much

took your hugs and kisses too much for granted, i shouldn't

im sorry baby
im the worst ever