Meeting The Sohmas

Just saying- the backstory was my mom's idea _____________________________________________________________________________

"Come here you bitch!"

"You're crazy! get away from me!"

I quietly left my bed and made my way to the commotion. There she was, my mom, looming over my father with a knife. Blood dripped off of it and splattered onto the floor.

My mother violently kicked my father's head, making him hit the wall and lose conciseness. She then lugged him to the bathroom and heaved him up into the bathtub.

I couldn't bear to watch this scene unfold anymore. Tears started to run down my face. 

I let out a choked sob and my mother sharply turned to me with a psychotic look in her eyes. I was no less than horrified.

 I sprinted back to my room and tugged at the cover and pulled it over me, praying she wouldn't hurt me as well.

 I began shaking uncontrollably as I listened to her treading toward me.

I let out a piercing scream as the cover was jerked off of me.

My eyes snapped open. I was drenched in sweat and my heart was beating franticly against my rib cage. Another dream.

I staggered out of bed and changed into my school uniform, trying to push aside the thought. Yay, another day of school.

~

School was pretty boring and it dragged on.  As I was walking home, I saw two people from my class. Yuki Sohma A.K.A. "the perfect, untouchable Prince" and Tohru Honda. 

Yuki had light-grey eyes and, straight, dark-grey hair. He had a sort of feminine appearance, making him prince-like to others. He usually had a kind and charming personality, but he seemed lonely to me.

Tohru was a cute, thin girl who has an innocent appearance. She had blue-brown eyes and brown hair, in which she usually wears bows. She always worked hard and I admired her for it. She was always smiling and helping others.

 I wish I was like her...

Speaking of work, what time is it? I pulled out my phone. Shit. I'm gonna be late!

I quickly made my way to the convenience store where I worked and clocked in.

~

When I was walking home from work, I saw Tohru once again. She was probably heading to her house after her long and tiring day. She was slumped over and seemed to be exhausted.

Maybe I should say hi.

"Hey, Tohru!" I called out to her.

"Oh! hello Y/N. You startled me!"

"Ha sorry."

"It's alright! Did you need something?"

"Oh, no. I just saw you walking and wanted to say hello."

"Well, you have a good evening!"

"You too!"

She smiled and continued walking.

 Now that I think about it, I've never seen Tohru's house. We have been friends for a while. Maybe I could ask? No that would be rude. 

Without realizing it, I followed her to a little blue tent. Has she been staying in that?

I hid behind a tree and watched her crawl into the tent. Poor thing, did her grandpa kick her out or something?

"Miss. L/N?"

I jumped at the abrupt voice. I turned around to see Yuki Sohma and an older male beside him.

He had long, silky grey hair and light-grey eyes. he had a huge build and a towering stature.

"Um, hello! What are you doing here? And who is that?" I asked, glancing over at the adult male.

"Well hello, I'm Shigure Sohma, Yuki's older cousin. We were just taking a walk. And you are?"

"I'm Y/N L/N."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Y/N!" He said smiling.

"Same to you."

"Is that Miss. Honda's tent?" Yuki asked.

"I think."

We all walked over to the tent and stood outside for a moment before Tohru crawled out.

We all just vaguely gazed upon her.

Then Shigure burst out laughing.

"It isn't that funny." Yuki sighed.