Chapter 6: "Our Little World"

Liz, Sam, and Dean are still in Fall River trying to locate Amara

Liz, Sam, and Dean are still in Fall River trying to locate Amara. They leave the house and Dean glances at Sam and says, "You said you had a good feeling about that one." Sam says, "Yeah, well, it seemed like a solid lead, Dean. Only a soulless psycho would kill the family cat." Dean says, "Yeah, unless the family cat decides to take a nap in the dryer." Sam says, "You know, we've been here since Monday and still haven't found another legit victim. Maybe Amara moved on or stopped feeding altogether." Dean says, "Well... finding her victims is still the best shot we got at finding her." Liz says, "Well, that's not actually true." Liz gives Dean a knowing look and Dean says, "Oh, what? You think he's ready? He's had a pretty rough go of it lately." Liz says, "Which one of us hasn't? Seems insane to leave our one and only angel friend on the bench." Dean says, "I'll call him." Liz softly says, "Thank you." Dean walks away to call Castiel, when Liz's phone rings and she says, "What's up, Detective?" Detective Madsen says, "We got some bad news." Liz says, "What is it?" Detective Madsen says, "Len's dead." Liz widens her eyes, and she says, "What?" Detective Madsen says, "Yeah." Liz says, "I can't believe this." Detective Madsen says, "I know." Liz says, "Yeah, well, thanks for letting me know. We'll head out there right now." Detective Madsen says, "Okay. See you soon." Liz says, "Yeah." Liz hangs up and looks at the boys. Dean says, "What's up?" Liz says, "That was Detective Madsen. Remember our friend Len?" Dean says, "Uh, weird as hell, soulless, took-the-rap-for-all-the-murders Len?" Liz nods and says, "Yeah. He's dead." Sam says, "Seriously?" Liz nods. The three get into the car and drive to the precinct. Later, they arrive at the precinct and walk up to Detective Madsen, and he says, "Thought maybe a relative of one of Len's victims, but it doesn't feel like a revenge killing. Too clean, like an assassination." Then Detective Madsen gets called away and he walks away. Dean says, "You smell that?" Sam says, "Yeah." Dean says, "Yeah, either the detective needs to change his diet or, uh--" Sam cuts Dean off and says, "Sulfur. Len was killed by a demon." Liz says, "Yeah. But why would a demon order a hit on a guy with no soul?" Then a hear a young voice say, "Hands off, deputy doody!" They look over to see a teenage girl and the deputy drags her away. The three of them walk up to Detective Madsen and Sam says, "Who's the girl?" Detective Madsen says, "Goldie Schmidtlapp. Was a normal kid, snapped this morning-- tried to kill her mom with a frying pan. First the ax murders, then Len, now this?" Dean says, "We're gonna need to talk to the kid." Detective Madsen nods. Later, Liz, Sam, and Dean walk into the cell area because they set a trap for a demon with the help of Goldie. Liz looks at Goldie and says, "Nice work, Goldie." Dean says, "So, Crowley and Amara? Huh." They take the demon back to their hotel to get information out of him. Dean takes the bag off the demon's head and says, "Rise and shine, buttercup. Now... about what you were saying." Liz says, "What's Crowley doing with Amara?" The demon says, "Don't know, don't care. Wouldn't tell you if I did." Sam says, "Well, we already know she's growing up fast." The demon says, "Yeah, well, demon souls-- they do a body good. Little Muppet tore through half my buds before Crowley put her on a diet. She didn't like that. Started sneaking out to get her fill. You know how kids are. But daddy put his foot down." Dean then puts the demon blade up to the demon's neck and he says, "Where's he hiding her?" The demon chuckles and says, "I'm happy to keep gossiping with you guys, but you want actionable intelligence? Torture me if you want. I know you'll just kill me anyway." Dean nods and says, "Well, it looks like a stalemate to me. I guess we go ahead and kill him right now." Liz says, "No, no, no. Dean, wait. We can exorcise him." Dean removes the blade from the demon's neck and looks at Liz and says, "What?" Liz says, "Save his meat suit." The demon says, "My two cents? You exorcise me, let me smoke on out of here, I give you my word not to tell Crowley." Dean scoffs and the demon chuckles and says, "Hey, you heard me. He's hardly my favorite guy at the moment. I--" Liz cuts the demon off and says, "Wait a second. Shut up." Liz walks up to the demon and puts his shirt to the side to see a nasty wound. Dean says, "Well, would you look at that." Sam says, "There's no way his suit survived that wound." Dean shakes his head and says, "Mnh-mnh." Liz sighs and turns away. Dean smiles at the demon and says, "All right." Dean then stabs the demon as the demon screams.