Love and Thunder

I woke up in the dead of night, a strange feeling came over me as I sat straight up and put my hand out for my gun. I shook Bucky awake quickly, "Buck, stay with James." He just nodded groggily before climbing out of bed and rushing to James's room. I made my way out to the street slowly, paying close attention to the low mumbling I heard in the darkness. As soon as I heard a woman screaming, I pulled my gun from its holster and starting shooting at the huge monsters creeping through the streets and along the buildings. "Bucky, stay with James!" I rushed through the streets and saw Val come in on her horse right as the bifrost opened up and Thor came down.

I rushed to Thor, "What's going on?" He shook his head before Val flew beside us, "Who'd you piss of this time?" She asked us, Thor answered, "I've never seen these creatures before." I glanced over at the lightening hitting the ground a few yards away, Thor noticed as well, "Who's the new guy?" He asked, Val just smirked, "That guy? You're gonna love that guy." Thor and I glanced at each other before going back to fighting the shadow monsters. We got through a lot of them but not before some super pale man in a white dress looking thing distracted me. I walked toward him, grabbing a sword along the way before he disappeared then reappeared behind me, backing me into a wall by my throat. "Two in one? I didn't realize the great and powerful Freya was also guarding Asgard." His voice was creepy and low, "I'm going to kill you and then the god of thunder." He pulled his sword back and went to stab me before Mjolnir knocked him back away from me. I fell to the ground before looking at where the shattered Mjolnir went, it landed in a woman's hand, she was dressed as Thor with lightening coming from her. She approached me with her hand out, "Come on, he's quick, he might come back." I nodded as she helped me up, I rushed into the crowd and took out a lot more monsters before Thor rushed up behind me, "He's gone. They're starting to disappear, get back to Barnes and make sure James is okay." I nod before rushing back home.

I rush into James's bedroom and see Bucky laying on the floor beside his bed like he was knocked out. James was nowhere to be seen and I began to panic as I tried to wake Bucky. It took a few minutes but he finally came to, he looked around for a moment before jumping up, "Where is he?! What happened?!" I stepped back and shook my head, "I don't know, come on." He followed me down to town hall as the sun began to rise. Seemed like everyone else had the same idea because all of New Asgard was standing around harping on Val. I approached Thor directly, "They took James." He sighed, "It seems he's taken all of the children in Asgard." I noticed he didn't take his eyes off of the Lady Thor across the room from us as he spoke so I stood in between him and Bucky, "Who is she to you?" Korg spoke up, "Jodie Foster, the love of his life." Thor spoke up, "Jane Foster and she's just an ex." I chuckled softly, "Doesn't seem like it." He glanced down at me, "She's just an ex, nothing special." I scoffed, "Yeah, let me know when we're leaving." He gave me a weird look before nodding.

Bucky followed me back home and as I was getting into my jumpsuit, going through my arsenal of weapons to bring along he asked, "Where are we going?" I shook my head, "We're not going anywhere, you need to stay here in case James comes back or something else happens." He shook his head, "I can't let you go alone." I smirked as I approached him, putting my hands on his chest, "I'll be with my brother." He sighed before kissing my forehead, "Alright but I'm not going to just sit around and wait." I nodded, "I don't expect you to, take over the guard, help train the new recruits. Keep yourself busy so you're not stewing while I'm gone." He nodded and as I went to walk off, he grabbed my hand as he pulled me closer, "Come back to me." He kissed me softly before pulling away, I caught him and brought him back in for a longer one, "I'll always come back to you." I smile before leaving, heading out to where I see Thor, Val and Jane getting a boat ready with two annoying screaming goats fronting it.

I stepped onto the boat and waited along the edge until Stormbreaker opened up the bifrost and we took off. I waved goodbye to Bucky, the worry began to takeover as he faded out of view. I approached Val, "So, what's the plan?" Thor steps into the cabin area, "We go to the temple of the Gods and try to get an army together." I cross my arms, "And if that doesn't work?" He shrugs, "I don't know then." Korg chimes in, "Maybe we could just go into hiding until this Gorr guy gets bored?" We all glare at him as he backs away slowly with his hands up. Jane speaks up, "I don't get why we can't just rush him? We've got the man power." I shook my head, "One wrong move, Thor and I die, he's right, we should at least try to get an army to go after him." Jane nods, "Alright." I look back at Thor, "So, what were you able to gather from Axl?" He scoffed, "Thats not his-" He shook his head, "Doesn't matter, I know where they are but like I said, army then we go to save the children." I nod, "I choose to trust you but from what Loki told me of the other gods, I'm definitely skeptical of what they're willing to do for others." He rolled his eyes, "Loki knew nothing of the others, I don't even know what he could possibly tell you that could be true- wait, when did you speak to Loki." I sighed and dropped the subject.