Betrayal

-A year and a half later-

Barnes has been heavy on my mind lately. I've tried to shut him completely out but I wasn't able to. I've learned more about myself and have been training with the warriors to keep my mind off of anything else. I was informed by a messenger that I was to finally speak to Loki today so I made my way down to the cells. Odin and Thor wanted me to have guards but I insisted on going alone. 

I walk up and see he's reading a book, sat on a fancy chair. I clear my throat, he looks back quickly like he's startled, "Wow, no one's ever been able to sneak up on me before, who might you be?" I sigh and cross my arms, "Agent X. I've been sent down here to talk some sense into you since apparently no one could besides your Mother." He stands up in shock, "Freya?" He asks. I nod slowly, "Yeah but I'd prefer people I don't know to call me Agent X." He scoffs, "But you were taken away and shunned to Earth." I sigh, "Yeah, but I made my way back and here I am." He looks me over, "Heimdall said you went down a very dark path and killed innocent people, how are you able to walk free and I'm not?" I scoff, "I didn't know any better, also I didn't try to take over a planet and almost kill billions so I don't want to have a pissing war but I think your wrongs outdid mine by far." He smirks as he studies me, "Ah, sister, you have pain behind your eyes, could it have anything to do with this?" He then morphs into Barnes which startles me so I step back, a tear strolls down my cheek as he smiles and says, in Bucky's voice, "Do you miss me Agent X? Are you sad that I'm here and you're all the way up there?" I choke back tears before screaming, "STOP!" The power from my scream knocks a few things over and I hear glass shatter from upstairs. It knocks him down and back into his own self. I walk up to the magical barrier and walk right through it with ease. I could tell it blew his mind so I mocked him, "Oh, I'm sorry, did you think you were the only one who could do magic?" I push him against the wall, "How did you know about Barnes?" He scoffed at me and wouldn't answer so I grabbed him and held him up by his collar, "Tell me how you know about Bucky!" He stops squirming and chuckles, "Bucky? Seriously? You love a man with the name Bucky? Now that's just sad." I wrap my hand around his throat, "Answer me or I'll squeeze." He throws his hands up, "Alright, alright. You and Thor with your violence." I let go of him and once he's back on his feet, I step away. He straightens himself out before looking at me, "I keep an eye on Thor." He points to his head before continuing, "Thor has been talking about someone named Barnes and how no one is allowed to tell you he's awake, I just assumed he meant a lot to you." I feel my blood start to boil before feeling the rage consume me. I leave the cell and storm upstairs before getting in one of the nearby boats and going straight to Heimdall. 

He knew I was coming, naturally, so he was standing there waiting for me. "Where is he?" I asked with tears in my eyes. He sighed, "Thor asked me not to tell you because he thought you'd be better off but from I've seen, neither of you are better off without the other." I sigh, "Thats cute and all but where is he? Is okay?" He sighs deeply, "He is living in Wakanda, they have extracted the winter soldier program from his mind but he has decided to stay there. That is where you'll find him." He beams me down and I land bent down but on my feet, the momentum almost made me fall over. I look around me and notice I'm in what looks like a village in front of a hut. The sun is bright so it almost blinded me when I looked out toward the lake behind me. I was startled by a woman holding a spear, "Who are you? Why are you here?" I ignore her for a moment before she asked again in a more stern tone than before, I turn around, "I'm looking for Barnes, where is he?" She looks me over, "What do you want with him?" I sigh deeply, trying to keep my cool, "I was told he was awake and I want to see him." She puts her spear by her side and looks like she realized something, "Are you Freya?" I nod quickly. She smiles and walks me toward a well where a man is standing, pumping water into a big bucket. I look over at the woman, she nods over at him, "He's been waiting for you." I stop her before she walks away, "Wait, how long has he been awake?" She sighs, "About 6 months now. He wanted to stay." I nod before walking toward him. He turns around and I notice he still doesn't have his left arm, he doesn't immediately notice me standing there so I observe him roaming around quietly, it looked like he was doing chores so I leaned on a nearby fence before looking down and noticing my dress flowing in the wind. I roll my eyes, I didn't want anyone to ever see me in this outside of Asgard but I was in too much of a rush to make an outfit change before coming down.