Chapter 18: Stay Alive

"Are you saying they exchanged signals?" Mr.Lee asked.

"We're not sure but a giant sphere gave out light in the sky." Nara replied.

"Then a boss sphere emitted a light as well. After that they went somewhere." Chiyeol said.

"It seemed like they were communicating." I said.

"Maybe they're looking for something? Could it be-"

"Scouting. Yes, it's as if they're scouting." Mr.Lee pointed it out.

"They're checking where people went. They're a lot smarter than we think." Youngshin said.

I came forward to show the location on the map,"They went somewhere around here and came back."

"I heard there was a shelter. Our platoon leader said so, that a small-sized shelter was there." One of the survivor said.

"Hold on, does that mean they get the order from the giant spear and select where to target next?" Dukjung frowned.

"No way.."

"Because it has a lot to prey on."

"Pardon?'

"People gathered to find shelter but it ended up becoming a place full of prey. And it got much easier for those spheres." Mr.Lee sighed.

"Gosh, we better inform them quickly but the communications are down. What do we do?" Wonbin said worriedly.

"We will...withdraw tomorrow morning as planned."

"What about the shelter?"

"The number is too many so let's return as soon as possible and come up with another way."

"But then it'll too late to save them." I said.

"What are you saying? There's nothing much we can do." Hana said not wanting to stay here.

"Right, we have to follow the order." Youngsoo agreed.

"We can't go home until we kill all the spheres, right?" Ilha asked.

"You saw what happend to Hamil High students! Do you want to die?" Heerak yelled.

"Right, it's too dangerous." Junhee said as turned her head, "Soonyi, you're scared too right?"

"Yes I'm scared. But...someone's parents might be there, who's going to protect them?" Soonyi said with tears in her eyes.

"If we go, the other students will come eventually. Sungjin High instead of Hamil and then another after that."

Everyone went silent in their deep thoughts.

"I guess it's decided then." Taeman spoke for everyone.

Next morning

"Attention, it's too dangerous to kill the spheres 1 by 1 so we'll gather all spheres at Maesong City University and get rid of them at once." Mr.Lee said.

"What? How will we do that?"

"At once?"

"Is that even possible?"

"From now on, listen to me carefully. First off we'll combine dynamite with depleted urianiam to make depleted uranium explosive."

"Platoon two, attention!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Each team should figure out where to install the explosives and install them while ensuring safety. When you're all done, move quickly to the rooftop of Seolbong Building and stand by. All teams get to work!"

"Yes, sir!"

"If the spheres make an unusual move in the middle, report to me right away."

All teams started doing their jobs.

"When every entrance is sealed, we'll explode the bombs and kill them all."

I started doing my job as fast as I could and told Chiyeol to do the same. We successfully install our bombs before the time and started helping others.

"They've started moving." Nara informed Soochul.

"Darn it."

"Mr.Lee, the spheres are moving unusually. I think they're preparing to take off."

Mr.Lee immedietly started checking on everyone and informed them.

"Shit, already?"

"But everyone isn't done with installing the bombs."

"We must change their direction before they arrive at the shelter."

"If we don't lure them now, the shelter will be attacked. If this rings, they'll reach in 10 minutes."

"10 minutes?"

"Platoon two, start luring the spheres!" Mr.Lee ordered.

"Gosh, it's too soon. What do we do?"

"We'll begin to lure the spheres." Wonbin responsed.

"Everyone wrap it up in 10 minutes and move to Seolbong Building."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Gosh!"

"Alright, it's loud." Youngshin turned on the speakers.

"Mr.Lee, we must get out now."

"What about the others?"

"Aish, we're doomed. There are too many." Heerak peeked out of the window.

Most of them already left the building and others also started leaving after sealing all the doors and windows

"Aren't you done?" I asked.

"I have a few left." Chiyeol said.

"Yah what are you guys doing here? We have to leave." Ilha ran to us, "I'll help him, you leave."

"No, I'm not leaving." I refused.

"Ugh, we'll be done in few minutes. Just leave!" Ilha pushed me to leave.

I left them hoping they'd be done soon. I just hope nothing goes wrong.

"The spheres have come very close." Wonbin informed to Mr.Lee.

"You go and make sure others are leaving safely. Kid's safety comes first."

"No, I'm not going." Soyeon refused to leave.

"Hurry and go." Mr.Lee repeated.

"I don't want to." Soyeon moved forward.

"Now! Hurry up!" He yelled and pushed her to Wonbin.

Everyone is at the Seolbong building now. They should be done by now, why aren't they back yet I thought. I was getting anxious when I saw Ilha returning as I quickly ran to him.

"Where's Mr.Lee and Chiyeol?" I asked anxiously.

"Chiyeol? I thought he's back." Ilha said, "Darn it! Where's he gone now."

"Gosh, Mr.Lee and Chiyeol isn't back yet."

Everyone was panicking after hearing the gunshots from the building which means they're still inside.

"They need to come out fast, we don't have much time left. The spheres already got inside, we have to make the explosion soon." Wonbin checked his watch.

I closed my eyes fighting back my tears.

Flashback
"I'm with you in this, we can save Lieutenant Lee." Chiyeol said.
"I just hope to protect everyone till the end."
"I trust you."
"Don't trust me too much, I might run away."
He looked at me clearly not getting that I was joking.
"You really thought, huh? You can't get rid of me that soon." I chuckled.

You have to...Stay Alive

A/n: Sorry for updating slowly. My finals are coming up so I might not update regularly. I hope y'all will wait for me ><