11 / Nighttime

"I'm not gonna budge, Sugi." He put an arm around her and took the bag in her hand in his. She pulled out a package of cigarettes and quickly lit one, blowing smoke into the night sky, "Why do you smoke?" He asked.

"It's calming." She replied, "Makes me feel calm." She shrugged, "You wanna try one?"

"I'm okay." He said.

"Here just take a puff of mine." She stopped walking and held the cigarette in front of him, close to his lips.

"Fine." He put his lips around it and inhaled. She pulled the cigarette away.

"Inhale again." She told him. He did as told and then started coughing like crazy. She laughed and patted his back, "You okay?"

"You find that calming?" He laughed in between his coughs.

"Once you get the hang of it." She held it up to her lips. They continued to walk back to her house.

"Sugi." He spoke.

"Felix." She replied.

"What happened the other night? When you came to school so tired."

"My Ma kicked me out." She replied nonchalantly, "Happens once every couple months. It's fine now though. I don't see my family much anyways."

"She kicked you out?" He asked.

"That's what I said isn't it?" She said in a playful tone.

"Why?"

"I was too loud. My Prince of a brother wasn't going to get his beauty sleep." She mocked her mom, "Then she saw my cigs and got even more pissed."

"Your family doesn't like you?" He asked.

"Does anyone really like me?" She replied, "My brother likes me, but my parents rarely ever let him talk to me. They're scared I'll rub off on him and he'll become a disappointment too. Chija likes me, but that's all."

"I like you." Felix stopped.

"What?" She looked at him with a serious face.

"I like you. You're cute and funny and actually a lot more caring that people think. I know you'd protect Chija and probably your brother with your life in an instant." He said, "Maybe one day you'll protect me with your life." He smiled down at her, "You're a cool person Sugi. I like you." She just stared at him in awe. No way this beautiful boy, the boy with the sweetest smile on the planet, the boy with the cutest laugh she's ever heard, the boy with the most love in his eyes, said that to the cold, boring Cho Suna.

"You're cool too." She replied, trying to be her nonchalant self again. He laughed.

"You're not really a word person are you?" They started walking again.

"Actions speak louder than words." She blew smoke from her mouth. Felix then grabbed her arm and pulled her into his body. He had one had on the back of her head and the other on the small of her back. She was caught off guard, but for once, she felt safe. She'd always been the one who risked her safety to make her friend feel safer. She didn't mind doing that, but feeling safe in the presence of someone else was so foreign to her. She didn't know why she felt so calm all of the sudden. She didn't know why his touch felt like electricity shooting through her veins. After a second, she felt herself sink into his chest, reciprocating the hug.

"Actions speak louder than words." He spoke softly as they embraced. They pulled away and started walking again, in silence.

"I don't hug people." She spoke after a moment.

"Oh i'm-"

"It's okay Felix. That one felt different." She smiled to herself.

"You don't hug Chija?" He asked.

"Only if one of us is crying." She said, "I'm not a physically affectionate person." They had finally arrived to her house, "Thanks for walking me home." She took the bag from his hand.

"Anytime." He ruffled her hair.

"It's late. Are you sure you'll make it home safely?" She asked with a concerned expression.

"My sister is waiting for her stuff, if need be I can call her." He reassured her, "You're worrying about me, does that mean you like me too?" She smiled with a 'you caught me' expression.

"Guess so." She said.

"Goodnight Sugi." He turned to walk away.

"Goodnight Felix." She waved with a permanent smile plastered on her face, "Text me when you make it home!" She called.

"You got it!" He gave her a thumbs up. She made the cup of noodles still thinking about Felix. She laid on her bed still thinking about Felix. She looked at her phone waiting for a text from Felix.

sugi00
Are you home?
Felix?
Hello?
Felix are you safe?
Felix answer me.
Are you alive?
Hello?
Felix?

She fell asleep waiting for an answer.

A/N: I think this book is pretty cute.