Omen of doom

For the past decade things had changed here at the southern waste, a barren land dominated by sand and the remnants of what people used before everything went to hell. To think it was cause by us humans masquerading as gods. The people back then thought it would better for man kind if they were to create a hybrid between machines and organic cells. This is how nanites came to be, living inorganic Machines that were suppose to cure the human limitations and permanently solve the problems brought about by disease. Who knew it would lead all to this..... The extinction of our kind.

A day had pass uneventfully after my escape of atlas City. My destination?... The Underground Settlement known to us Scavengers As The shelter.

The only safe haven for humans in this desolate land. I was hoping that I could find shelter within it's walls before nightful, I don't want a repeat of last time.

I sped up following my holo projector situated near the handle bars so I could See it. Base on the map it seems that It would take another hour Till I find the entrance to the underground Settlement.

Warning cloaker Signatures detected immediate evasive action required...

I gritted my teeth and turned left away from the road just as the cloakers materialized out of thin air and began firing their blasters.

I raised my hand and felt it morphed into the glass gun a sleek black gun used to rain shards of Glass like laser to tear any machine apart. I made a tight U-turn and headed back to unleashed hell on those pieces of scrap. I raised my weapon and I began to fire, training the holographic crosshairs directly at them. Laser rounds pinged all across the front of my bike but thanks to the reinforced front it barely scratched the surface.
I rammed the last standing one sending sparks as it was sent flying behind me. I stopped and pointed my glass gun and fired a few rounds at the downed machines making sure that they were truly dead. Satisfied I felt my weapon retract, it's metal parts dissolving into my skin. The tingling sensation always bothered me but it was just a small price for power.

Master let us go There might be more cloakers lurking nearby... I will keep the radar up but I can't guarantee that I would detect them first...

"That is enough Ai." I replied revving my engine and left the scene.

The one hour trip turned into a bloody oil bath, every five minutes I had to put down dozens of Wandering Scrap guardians with the occasional Cloaker in the middle. If this keeps up I won't have enough energy to activate my weapons.

It was already nightfall when I stopped at the end of asphalt road, Rooted by what I was witnessing before my eyes. A gigantic humanoid machine about the size of a ten storey building walked towards the direction of the underground human settlement, even Ai was mute in my head but I could feel her trepidation with each breath I took. This was so wrong on so many levels that I wanted vomit, how could the hive build something like this monstrosity out of thin air.

Countless reports of hive grade hunters in the past year flooded my mind, and I knew then that the sudden drop of encounters was for this Titan Class to be built.

It halted it's step and slowly turned to face my direction gun ports opened up on it's wrist and aimed it at my location.

Realizing my imminent danger I revved my bike and accelerated away from it's sight. A moment later a defeaning explosion behind me followed by a powerful shockwave sent me crashing towards a nearby pile of wrecked cars. My back collided with the rusted steel and for a moment I felt my consciousness slip, only to be pulled back by the pain of shattered bones. I spotted my bike in shambles totally wrecked by the blast. I weakly pushed Myself off the dent I made, and felt gravity take over and pull me down onto the ground.

I tried to stand up but I found my legs unresponsive to any stimulation. Tears welled up from my eyes and I began to drag myself towards my bike.

Master Please.... Stop.... Your spine has suffered Severe damage if you continue to move you will die...

"Must....fix Can't-" I coughed out blood staining the sandy ground red.

Stop Master....

"Vi...Will be...Angry...."I paused placing my hand on my bike, Vi's hidden kindness, Sinon's passion, and Riley's Cameridarie... These were etched into this bike and the only thing I had left of my family...

"...Cant let...It End...like this." I rasped...

Black dots began to appear in my vision, swallowing what little light I had.

Darkness swallowed me.... As my consciousness started to ebb Away I heard a familliar voice, a woman's voice inside my head...

Cody... Please live....

That pleading voice reverberated inside of me like it was some kind of lullaby before I lost myself to the void of nothingness.

~~~

A/N: sorry for the lengthy wait things have been progressing really bad at my end... Something called a writer's block and it has been giving me a hell of a time writing this...

Anyway Infinity: unlimited possibilities will be discontinued... Because a few things I notice but don't worry it would be replaced by I.W.O : New World Order a rework of infinity with a better plot and a steady balance of Lore and MMO style Action ... Sounds interesting? Stay tuned on prime.... Once I finish this book I'll immediately post the first chapter of I.W.O which would be announced at the last page of this book for none followers to see ^_^ ...

Happy book hunting - Nul

Ps... I.W.O stands for Infinity world online... It will be a third person view Of the story and another note Prime would have approximately twenty Seven Chapters...extra scenes included..... XD