♡Chapter 22 | Tart Making♡

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Whoa! There really are a ton of chestnuts just layin' around. I'm gonna be livin' large on chestnut tarts! Mmm!" Grim reached for a chestnut. Y/N had to focus on carrying Yuu, so he couldn't stop the beast in time.

"Let's get grabbin'-- YOWCH! Myah! The chestnut spines pricked my paws!" Grim pulled his paws back, going over to Y/N to show him. The horned man sighed, using his life-force to remove the microscopic spines.

"I don't think we can do this with out bare hands. And we need something to put them in, too." Deuce watched as Yuu slowly dropped out of Y/N's hold, using the taller man's arm as a way to stabilize himself.

"Maybe we can find some supplies in the botanical garden?" Ace shrugged, suggesting the obvious.

"Let's go look." Deuce led the way.

...

"Whoa, I did the realize this place was so huge." Ace looked around. Yuu looked at the place in awe while Y/N was crouched down by some flowers.

"If it's this large, it's got to have a groundskeeper. Let's split up and look." Deuce watched Yuu pull Y/N away from the plants and back to the group.

"Sure. Dibs on the right side." Ace called.

"Then how about I go left, while Grim and his Prefect and Vice go straight ahead." Deuce suggested. The group came to an agreement and split up, going down their respective paths.

...

"Hey, come take a look at this! There's a ton of fruit growing here! Smells like they're ripe, too!" Grim was about to pull one off but was stopped by the horned man, who picked him up. Y/N looked down the path, only to freeze.

"..Grim, you wouldn't have happened to see where Child Yuu went, have you?" The horned man slowly asked the beast. Grim froze up aswell, hesitating before he shook his head.

"I.. Lost the child..." Y/N dropped the beast, sighing and brushing his face with his hands.

[Off With Yuu]

"Oh, whoa! A wild kitty!" Yuu looked at the man behind the bush he'd fallen onto. It was the boy with lion ears from the ceremony.

"..Are you sleeping?" The human boy got off the bush and quietly sat beside the sleeping man. Yuu watched him for a bit before scooting over to his hair.

"...You won't mind if I just.." Yuu reached over to the lion ears on the man's head. He gently grabbed the tip of one of his ears, softly kneading the delicate fur.

"Mrgh....The hell?" A gruff voice growled as a hand found its way around the boys wrist. Yuu didnt startle and simply moved into the lion man's view.

"..The hell are you?" The man said as he saw the upside-down, doe-eyed boy above him. Yuu just smiled.

"Good afternoon nap, Kiwi?" The boy asked him. No response was given as the man sat up, an irritated look plastering his face.