[𝟏𝟒]

↬   ↬   ↬    ↬   ↬   ↬   ↬   ↬   ↬   ↬  ↬

"So your idea of putting a smile on my face was convenience store ice cream?"

Jude snapped his head away from the window looking out on the shore to look down at her. There's a smidge of vanilla ice cream on the corner of his lip. He takes his thumb and swipes the treat back into his mouth.
He shrugs, "I never promised to be a man of chivalry. I just figured everyone likes ice cream."

Aaliyah took the miniature pink plastic scoop from her own tub of vanilla ice cream and ate it.
"Every sane person likes ice cream," she corrected.

"You're really a bipolar person Aaliyah, I don't understand you sometimes. We were okay the all day I don't understand the attitude changing."

The girl bit her lips not wanting to explode she wasn't feeling okay the fact that Marine was back brought her anxiety "I'm just tired" and silenced regained.

Jude eyes followed the movement, darkening slightly as she poked her tongue out and lick the remnants of the ice cream still lingering there.

He coughed and turned to face the window of the shop again once she raise an eyebrow at him. He lets a second pass before turning back to her with his hands stuffed into the pockets of his black leather jacket.

"The night's still young."
Jude stood up from his seat and headed to a different part of the store. Aaliyah finished the last scoop of ice cream left in her tub before shuffling around on her bar stool to follow his action.

"Jude! Where are you going?" She called after him.
She didn't hesitate to shout his name-knowing they were the only ones in the store minus the worker-despite him being a hot topic footballer in the media right now. He doesn't respond anyway and heads over to the cashier's table with a plastic packet in his hand.
She groaned, getting down off her seat and heading over to where he was being checked out.

She look down at the item the young teenage girl was scanning. shocked that she wasn't even fazed by the young footballer in front of her, but she was even more shocked to look down at a red long and narrow diamond kite wrapped in clear plastic.

Jude pulls out his wallet to pay for the thing.

"You're buying a kite?" Aaliyah asked .

"No, I'm stealing it. Of course, I'm buying a kite," he said with a huff.
She rolled her eyes at his attempt to torment her . "Okay smartass, why are you buying a kite?"

"We're gonna go fly it," Jude said putting back his wallet in his back pocket with a shrug. "We?" She crossed her arms across her chest.
"So fucking stubborn," he mutters under his breath, just loud enough for her to make the words out.
"Yes, we," he emphasises the plural as he snatches the kite into his own hands.
He walks towards the glass door of the store, extending it enough for him to rest his foot against the frame and hold it open. He motions his head for her to follow after him.