𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: A day in the Lion City

✦ ㅤ ㅤ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ㅤㅤ ✦

A DAY IN THE LION CITY

Singapore
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
August 9th, 2055.

"Goshh. I havent been here since Singapore was the chairman of ASEAN!" Timor Leste looked around the city of Singapore, admiring the luxurious architecture and cleanliness of the city. She was wearing a very cute grey and white dress and her hair was up.

She held a really huge bag full of presents.

"My first time." Maharlika looked to her with a little giggle. She held a bag with presents aswell, as they were both going to Singapore's place for his birthday/independence celebration.

Her hair was down with a cute flower pin, and she wore a sage green dress.

"If I was a regular human, I would be living here." The timorese laughed, swinging her arms.

They were walking down the street, and Maharlika noticed a cool café beside them.

"Wanna grab a quick drink?" Maharlika nodded towards the cafe beside them, and Timor turned her head around. "Im in!" She said, opening the door and holding it for her island friend.

They entered inside, amazed by the decoration in it. It looked aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. It also had air conditioning, which helped under the warmth of the sun..

Both Timor and Mahar walked up to the counter, where they saw a person working behind it. There were a few other people inside the café, enjoying their meal and drinks.

"Hello!" Timor greeted the cashier, who quickly came up to the desk. "Good afternoon, may I take your order?" The cashier said.

Timor turned to Maharlika, who was looking at the menu. "Ill have a coconut milkshake," Timor told the cashier, and awaited Maharlika's order.

"And I'll have a mango milkshake." Maharlika decided, looking up to Timor with a proud smirk.

"Mango? Good choice. I adore mangoes!" Timor nudged Maharlika on the shoulder, and she laughed. "That will be S$18." (inflation is real)

The cashier informed, and upon seeing the card Timor whipped out, he placed it into the machine.

Timor scanned her card, which went through, and took the receipt.

"Thanks!" Timor said, and Maharlika scooted to the side, pulling Timor towards her.

They waited in silence for their drinks, not really knowing what to talk about. After all, theyve only known eachother for less than a month, so it was reasonable for them to not know what to talk about.

"Uhm.. so, how's being a country holding up?" Timor asked, wanting to start and interesting conversation. She looked quite bored.

Maharlika looked to her, tilted her head and thought.

"Hm.. Everything is fine, well, for now. We're basically focusing on relationships with other countries, our main focus is China, India and the U.S." Maharlika sighed, looking tired. "But..?" Timor knew there was a bit of a problem.