98

Seeing his own country’s troops, Min Liang slightly relaxed. As long as he could go home, he could make a comeback. He was confident in himself, believed he could do it.

So he mutely said, “I need to get the antidote myself. Let me go, and I will give you the antidote!”

He dared to be this confident also because of Mo Linyuan’s actions these few days. If not for loving a person so deeply, how could Mo Linyuan come to attack Li Country so quickly? Since Mo Linyuan cared, he must be uncompromising so that he could leave with his life intact.

Mo Linyuan narrowed his eyes. That fierce murderous look almost made Min Liang suffocate!

But after a long time had passed, he suddenly said, “Alright, I accept!”

The two armies were poised for battle now, and Mo Linyuan wanted to give the culprit to Li Country? This time, not only Mo**’s squadron, even Yan Country’s people also revealed displeasure.

“Don’t!” A high-ranking officer under Mo Linyuan stopped him. “Your Majesty, this person is ruthless and cunning, if we return* him, there will be more trouble!”

*t/n: he uses 放虎归山 which means letting the tiger return to the mountains.

Yan’s general also said, “The five countries’ alliance this time—we were all deceived by this person. His ambition is clear, tried in vain to conquer the world. All the six countries are injured now, only Li Country is unscathed. If we let this person go, we will be the ones in danger!”

Min Liang wore white clothes stained with blood. Even in Mo Linyuan’s clutch, he was still smiling coldly. He narrowed his eyes as he said, “Mo Linyuan, the final say is in your hands now. This drug actually has no solution, but it was developed by my master. My master is now dead, so now only I know how to solve it! So what are you hesitant about?”

Mo Linyuan certainly wouldn’t hesitate. He little by little loosened his grip on Min Liang.

“Wait!”

Suddenly, a female’s voice was heard. Ye Mu walked up to the front step by step. At this moment, she was thinner than before, as if a gust of wind could blow her away.

“Alright.” She reached Mo Linyuan’s side, and Mo Linyuan immediately turned around, but his hold on her hand was gentle.

Before, Ye Mu didn’t feel she was poisoned because Min Liang had been giving her drugs, making her body weak and paralyzed, so she didn’t know she was drugged.

But these few days, Min Liang no longer gave her drugs. She finally felt the change in her body. This world’s drugs and her world’s were different. It could make her body suffer from so much pain. She might only be able to live by continuously taking medicine. But she knew better than anyone the consequence of continuously taking medicine.

So Ye Mu raised her head to look at Mo Linyuan. Her eyes were filled with sorrow.

“This drug has no antidote. He’s lying to you.”

Min Liang didn’t expect Ye Mu would be the one to interrupt in the end. He coldly smiled. “Do you not want to live anymore? Or are you afraid Mo Linyuan will release me, so you purposely said there is no antidote?”