87

Lin Zhizhao didn't have a choice, he only scrambled up. Luckily, they brought emergency food and water when they came down. Otherwise, they might really not be able to move.

Whether it was the will of Heaven or something else, they didn't look for the exit, but kept going deeper. This time, they didn't encounter any obstacles. They unexpectedly arrived at the end of the map smoothly.

But what they saw first wasn't the treasure or imperial tomb, but a deep pit. On both sides of the path, there were two deep pits. Inside were people buried alive.

Seeing Ye Mu looking at it, Lin Zhizhao said, "This is called Living Sacrificial Pit. The majority of these people were coolies for excavating caves. To prevent them from leaking the secret, after the construction, they were killed with poison and were used as burial goods."

Ye Mu looked at those skeletal remains that were half buried in the ground and had nothing good to say.

"So ruthless. The country deserves to perish."

After she finished speaking, she went into that path. This feeling was similar to walking on the Naihe Bridge*, and both sides were the Wangchuan River**. Inside were the wronged spirits who were unable to reincarnate.

Lin Zhizhao hastily caught up. His poison had not disappeared, so his pace was slow. Fortunately, Ye Mu was reasonable to wait for him, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to keep up.

"You should be a little more careful. The area at the back is unfamiliar to me. If we encounter any danger, our life will be forfeited here."

Ye Mu nodded. Of course, she didn't take her own life as a joke, it's just that the path was blocked, so she naturally would change route. Sitting still while waiting for death was not her style.

After both of them walked for quite a while, Ye Mu looked back at the field littered with corpses behind her, and felt regretful. "Adding up all the coolies on both sides, there should be a thousand of them. The person who ordered to kill them was really nuts."

Lin Zhizhao couldn't disagree. "The successive generations and dynasties of the empire have been as such. Let's keep going."

"En." Ye Mu nodded, one person walking in front. "Although the two maze-like tunnels in front wasted a lot of our time, seeing the area, for the sake of building this imperial tomb they hollowed up half of this mountain. It's truly a massive project."

Lin Zhizhao said, "Then you haven't seen Emperor Yuan Zhao's tomb. I heard my ancestors say before, he started building the imperial tomb from the beginning of his reign. After thirty whole years, he hollowed out two mountains, and he presumed, this emperor's tomb was still considered plain."

Ye Mu sighed. "Each is truly more deranged than the next."

After walking for a while, Lin Zhizhao couldn't help but ask, "Have you noticed this last section of the path seems a little too quiet."