89

Ye Mu pondered, and brought a palm to strike down the tree beside her. Then, she tossed a torch upward. Sure enough, the next second, those worms abandoned them as "heat sources", and instead crawled toward the huge tree that was burning and set ablaze.

Seeing the lot of worms throwing themselves into the fire, and the air filled with the smell of burning meat, everyone had lingering fear in their heart. Luckily, Ye Mu-xiaojie quickly warned them, otherwise, they would have died!

After all, taking a close look at these centipedes, all of them had red hair and green bodies, so they were definitely extremely poisonous!

Ye Mu sighed. "Looks like they also crawled up from underground, but I don't know what's actually happening down there, why is it that we haven't gone down, but the treasure has started attacking us?"

But the others were more worried about where they would sleep tonight, after all, they had exhausted themselves these few days. If they could not rest well tonight, what would they do the next day?

Until most of the worms had died, Ye Mu said, "Fortunately, these worms didn't rush to the wounded, so it seems the powder spread around them still has some effect. Let's do this, we'll stay with the wounded. The powder is already finished, so we can only squeeze in with them."

The others had no complaint. Finally, no other troubles emerged, they had passed a daunting yet uninjurious night.

Because they were worried there was something frightful below, and their number now was very small, Mo Linyuan and the others took no action for several days in a row, merely waiting for the large troop to come and discuss a strategy together.

It was another night. Many people were on night duty these two days, afraid that something would be sent out from the underground. When it was late at night, Ye Mu, who was sleeping soundly, suddenly gave out a blood-curdling scream.

"What happened?!"

As soon as the voice sounded, everyone awakened, these few days they did not sleep genuinely. Then, the group on patrol immediately came, only to find a lot of wolves.

Ye Mu sat up. If it was only a wolf pack, she would not be worried. With their kung fu, even if these wild wolves were powerful, it was only a matter of time to kill them.

But she soon could not hold that wishful thinking because, suddenly around them, a lot of green eyes faintly glinted into appearance. Seeing this number, was it only a wolf pack? Could it be that all the wolves from the entire forest came?!

Wolves are clever animals, it seemed they had eyed the group of people for several days, but only today did they realize the onslaught.

And these wolves were much larger than those Ye Mu and the others had seen before, so they were obviously harder to deal with!

Everyone formed a circle, surrounding Ye Mu and Mo Linyuan, but Ye Mu said, "His Majesty has my protection, the dozen of you, go protect our unconscious companions!"

Those people did not dare move, and only stared at Mo Linyuan.

Mo Linyuan also nodded, saying, "Do as she says."

So the group shifted again. There were still a few remaining with Ye Mu and Mo Linyuan.

When the wolves saw Ye Mu and the rest, they thought the two stood out, and from their keen animal instincts, they felt both of them were most threatening. So, once they attacked, most of them charged toward Ye Mu's direction!